1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Valkyrie miniatures 75mm WW1 RFC pilot

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Steve Brodie, May 2, 2022.

1. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Took this little kit with on my holibobs to Cornwall and managed to get him done in a week. Base colours airbrushed with Tamiya acrylics and then final painting with Oils. AK ultra Matt and Vallejo silk varnishes, white glue for his goggle lenses. Need to get the tail airbrushed along with the groundwork , then order a plinth and nameplate.

5BAA1F96-3162-47F1-97EF-0E32FEB47003.jpeg 2363D9C4-40AF-4F2C-ABA3-77DE1C31A01E.jpeg B5C23384-0957-4635-A591-9D9891AE803E.jpeg
    Nap, KenBoyle, Redcap and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sylvanus Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Good Holiday?
    Figures brilliant for PTSD!
    Here looks a bit distressed! Leatherwise!
    Hawkeye!
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Sounds like you enjoyed the holiday for sure , nice to see that this was released again , like the leatherwork on him , look forward to seeing what you do with the tail plane he holds

Why not enter a piece in class of your choice in FOTM and vote in previous month , there's also the Vignette & Diorama comp running

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...-may-2022-standard-class-ends-31-5-22.427406/

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...-2022-intermediate-class-ends-31-5-22.427407/

https://www.planetfigure.com/thread...-may-2022-advanced-class-ends-31-5-22.427408/

Always good to see your artwork hope we see more very soon

PM me if I can help in anyway

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Steve Brodie likes this.
  4. Henk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Yeah, that leather coat looks awesome. White glue is a much overlooked tool in our hobby.
    Steve Brodie and Sylvanus like this.
  5. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Tail has been sprayed Red, was going yellow, but still have no joy spraying Vallejo Air through my Iwata even thinned and using their flow enhancer, works for a few mins then just clogs up, or splats a whole load of paint everywhere. Didnt have any Tamiya Yellow but did have some red, so used that with a touch of flesh, and highlighted. Found this on Youtube of Wingnuts 1/32 Albatross, with the tail i was after;

[IMG]
    Nap likes this.
  6. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

The 'Tail' has had the balkenkreuz applied, came on a single decal sheet, so each cross had to be cut out Individually. Applied with mircosol and set and then matt varnish applied, now needs an over spray of light red to remove the white on the cross and cover up the 'tip' in the ground. Then a bit of light weathering and add the flowers to the front and it will be done, Plinth has been ordered. should have given him a brush before i took the photos !
    Redcap and Henk like this.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Looks good with the tailplane in position , this is a nice sculpt and it's good it's available again

Look forward to seeing the final pics

You weren't tempted to add bullet holes on the tail ?

Thanks for sharing

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Thanks

There are/were/ a couple of bullet holes in the tail, but the decal has covered them up a bit, so now its dry i will 'punch' them back in and highlight them.
    Nap likes this.