1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed V bust

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ron Tamburrini, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi guys
    just finished this little out of the box on to the brush Carl Reid sculpt marketed by stormtroopers .
    a real pleasure to paint .

IMG_8784.JPG IMG_8793.JPG IMG_8787.JPG

difficult thing with these guys is how to base them up

Ron
    Edward, Tonton, jerry and 14 others like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Ron if YOU can't base 'em what chance have we got ? :nailbiting: Lovely work mate looks very well (y)
    Steve
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Wow Ron, the bust looks amazing and you have done an outstanding work on the fleshtone , a real gem to the eyes.
    best regards
  4. Don Well-Known Member

Wonderful work Ron, love everything about him but the flesh looks amazing.
    Look forward to seeing him in the flesh.
    BTW if you find out how to base him let me know, I will be after you for a good base.

Don
  5. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice work Ron!

(y)

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Lovely work Ron - hope you are surviving the terrible weather up there........never mind, good excuse for doing nothing but paint(y)

Have a great Xmas......Keith
  7. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Looks mighty fine Ron (y)!

Joe
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Keith .
    Been out working in it the past two days ,wrapped up that much I look like a German stuck in Stalingrad ,especially with my East german Smock and and Russian fur hat with the floppy bit for the Ears :D

Have Good one Keith (y)

Ron
  9. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Ron, I agree with the others about your fleshtones, they look great. I also like the white shirt and red sash. I can see your point about displaying, or basing these V busts. As a suggestion, you could try to make it look like a 3 dimensional cameo, something like doing a flat. If you don't use the stone-like stand, it could be placed in an oval shaped base, or cameo holder, which in turn, could then be placed on a wood block/base, or even a suitable frame. Here are a few photos to hopefully show what I'm trying to describe: 3cam.jpg lavacam1.gif lavacam2.gif m_quality_antique_red_coral_cameo_brooch_pin_0.jpg il_570xN.489293278_nx4t.jpg il_570xN.508888994_meig.jpg The oval bases/cameo holders come in many shapes, patterns, and colors, a black painted one would show great depth and relief of the bust. A background, inside of the holder, such as a map, or flag, or something relating to the bust, might also work. In any case, I hope you find a way to display this piece, its a stunner. Regards, SG:)(y)(y)
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice my friend Ron,
    Merry Christmas!!!
  11. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent painting as always Ron. Well done mate.

Xenofon
  12. swralph A Fixture

really well painted(y)
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull work.

Marc
  14. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Nicely done Ron!

Regards
    Pedro
  15. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,saw it on Facebook and it's a great piece of painting mate,congrats :)
  16. maco61 A Fixture

Italy
    Very nice paintwork!
    Ciao by Maco
  17. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    thanks Guys for taking the time to look and comment .

Ron