1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

USMC WW II Camo Colors

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Chuck Willis, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Chuck Willis New Member

United-States
    Greetings everyone. I'm more of a novice when it comes to figure painting (1/35 scale), but I practice regularly and do show signs of improvement. I usually build 1/35 scale AFVs and small, simple bases for mounting the finished project. I currently have a few WW II USMC vehicles painted and would like to add some figures to help add a bit more 'life' to the vignette. Could someone provide me with their color recipe for painting WW II USMC camo fatigues, in particular the base coat the camo blotches are printed over. I usually paint with Vallejo acrylics, so if anyone has a recipe using Vallejo colors, that would be fantastic.

Thanks,

chuck
  2. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Chuck
    I'm not sure how much this can help you but I found it very informative and assisted me in several paint jobs recently as like you I'm a Vallejo paint person, one thing I can tell you having collected U.S.M.C. uniforms in the past the colour does vary for the background from light to darker tones

regards Alan

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums/postings.asp?th=23796
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Try this. COLOR NOTES2.jpg
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice one Tony ...have you a link for this or others ?

Nap
  5. web-one1 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    A small note that the camouflage Tony has posted is a commercial civilian varient of the P42 'Frogskin' camo used by the U.S.M.C and the colours were not as vibrant

Alan IMG_0219.JPG
  6. Chuck Willis New Member

United-States
    Thanks to everyone who responded. These comments and replies are most helpful and will give a point of reference when getting started. Thanks for taking the time to reply here.

Cheers!

chuck
    tonydawe and napoleonpeart like this.
  7. Jim Active Member

Great reference material!