1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

USMC Radio Team in OIF

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by bchilstrom, Jun 28, 2005.

1. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    [IMG] [IMG]
    A new set of 1/35 scale Modern figures that Bill Chilstrom just finished sculpting for his OIF diorama. He is working on several more sets, including a four figure "Marines on Patrol" set.
  2. Rob Brown Member

United-States
    nice set Bill, Really going to town on the OIF figures. I'm still waiting for your 1/9 scale one you promised. :)
  3. Ong Active Member

If Bill didn't make the 1/9 USMC one yet, I'd be willing to wait to see what other 1/35 Warriors OIF figures release and then have the public vote for which figure pose to make 1/9. Right now, Warriors only has four OIF figures to choose from to copy into 1/9.

I posted my comments on the radio team in Missing-Links. I really think MICH is the way to go since DML and Tamiya can provide PAGST helmets to backdate, but no one makes MICH to advance the date yet.

Looks excellent, Bill. How about some shades or sunglasses over the eyes?
  4. Paul Marshall Member

Bill and Dave were kind enough to let me hang out at their place last saturday while Bill was working on these two figures. i got to see first hand how Bill creates a new figure, all the way from making the armature, applying putty to form the basic musculature and clothing and finally sculpting the folds, pockets, etc. He made it all look so simple i've decided to give it a try. i've already begun to assemble the tools necessary (yes Bill i bought a crock pot) and when i return home from Boston watch out. Great work as usual Bill, thanks again for the tutoring session and i'll see you thursday.
  5. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Stunning work there, Bill.

Will we see you in Boston this weekend?
  6. My_name_1s_MUD New Member

7. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Hello Brian,

Welcome aboard, and Yes, they will be a Warriors release.
  8. My_name_1s_MUD New Member