1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US World War 1 Museum - Kansas City, MO

Discussion in 'WWI' started by Dan Morton, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    The uniforms, weapons and equipment collection in the US museum is excellent! I can highly recommend a visit. I've tried to arrange uniforms in year groups mostly, identifying nationalities and other particulars. In most cases this is clear enough, but in some, such as the 1914 Japanese ammo container, I'm not meaning to imply that this was the model year of the ammo container, but rather that it would have been worn with the rest of the uniform and equipment in 1914. If anyone has questions or corrections to offer, please contact me. Since there is a 25 file attachment limit, I'll open a second post with the second batch of photos.

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Second batch of photos...

Attached Files:

3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Third batch of photos....

Attached Files:

4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Fourth batch of photos...

Attached Files:

5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Fifth and last batch of photos...

Attached Files:

6. Merryweather Active Member

Fantastic!
    thanks for posting.
    I can't believe I missed this when I went to Kansas City. what a wonderful collection.

There is another awesome museum there called the Arabia Steamboat .The boat sank in the 1850s or so on it's way up river, fully loaded with trade goods. Over the years the river silted up and diverted , leaving the boat entombed in mud like Herculaneum. Legend had it there was gold aboard and in the eighties the family who owned the land started digging. They didn't find gold but they did find a time capsule and incredibly they decided not to sell it off but to preserve everything(the family business was freeze-drying).
    sorry Dan , I just realised I hi-jacked your thread.
    this is the link(can't seem to make it work as a link)
    http://1856.com
  7. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I don't think you're a hijacker, Merryweather! Not at all. I didn't know about the Arabia and will make some time to visit it.

All the best,
    Dan