1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US TASK FORCE VIETNAM (VERLINDEN 120mm)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by unknown01, Oct 27, 2008.

1. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Hello, everyone.:)
    I have completed a figure of VERLINDEN.
    US TASK FORCE VIETNAM.
    I bought this by an auction (521 120mm).
    I think this figure isn't produced now.:confused:
    This soldier is putting goggles on his face.
    But I have completed goggles in the removed state.
    This remodeling was easy.;)
    Painting uses VALLEJO - COLOR and OIL - PAINT.
    All comments welcome.:)

Attached Files:

2. pkw4 Active Member

Italy
    Nice job
    I think that the chin needs more shading (on both sides) and the eyes are a bit too big.
    The rest is very well painted and the ground is great.
    Roberto
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Extended paintwork.

marc
  4. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Hikaru,
    Nicely done and nice groundwork.
    Cheers
    John
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Over all this guy looks well done. I have to say though, the face on this guy needs serious work. The eyes look a bit too piercing, there's no upper lip and the shading on the cheeks looks too red and too stark. Over all the expression just doesn't seem to work for me. The rest of the figure looks quite nice, but the main focus, the face, just misses the mark for me.

Jay H.
    OKc
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Mitsutaka,

I have to agree with Jay's comments mate. The blending of the skintones on the face needs more work, in my opinion, and the eyes just don't don't look right.

I like the mud on his knees and boots (but I'd like to see more) and the groundwork is excellent, although the white bootlaces are rather exotic. You don't show any pictures of him from behind, but presumably you've also put mud on his bum and elbows???
  7. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Gidday, l dont mean to repeat what everyone has already said, but l have to agree on the face , especially the eyes, though they can be difficult little buggers to paint.
    Am curios about the white laces and white stitching on the uniform as well?? Maybe a lightned version of the uniform color would have been a better choice.
    I to like the mud effects, and that is one cool looking base.
    Cheers Andrew
  8. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Thank you very much for your a lot of comments, everyone.
    pkw4, you're right.
    Well, this figure was hollow-eyed.
    I think I saved and it turned the necessity on which goggles are put so.
    So I filled with pate.
    How to cover may be bad one.
    Of course, the painting by which you're I so that it may be pointed out also seems to have been failed.
    By making reference to your opinion, I, TRY, will.
    About a facial shade, I'd like to correct it.
    Thank you very much for your
    advice, Sambaman.
    I thought maybe this is general if I'm an expression of a Japanese figure modeler, and got such expression method, the shade seems quite different compared with people's other works certainly.
    I'd like to do a facial painting expression by natural flesh color from next time.
    Yes, tonydawe, I are doing WEZARINGU also equal to an elbow as well as the knee.
    It was forgot this time to take a picture of the back.
    When the mud color of VALLEJO - COLOR is added to powder of a solid body, the color is easy.
    I wasn't treating seriously to the color of the boots.
    Is the ordinariness white? It was the recognition of the degree.
    Thank you for telling me.
    Thank you very much, specmod.
    I seemed to have exaggerated seams too much a little, and wanted to express this as a crease around the pocket, they don't seem to have gone well.
    It seems that a ground work is estimated relatively, so I'd like to extend this line.
    Thank you very much.