1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US soldier, Iraq actual time

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marius, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Marius New Member

Spain
    Hi all, This gonna be my next figure. This figure is out of my style, but it gonna be a work for a good friend. My first camo pattern so I´ll try to do the best.
    With this figure I´d like to pay tribute to all these men who are deployed there far from their families and in all parts around the world accomplishing a mission. I know well it is very hard. They are doing a good job. (y)

Well, the figure:
    REsin kit in 54mm scale. Good quality.

[IMG]
  2. Marius New Member

Spain
  3. Marius New Member

Spain
    Skin tones are finished. And the 3 colors camo desert is in progress.
    I used oils for the face.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Marius New Member

Spain
  5. Marius New Member

Spain
    At last. Here you are the figure finished.
    Thanks guys.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jesus,
    nicely done! The Photoshop version in fornt of the wrecked truck is very fun!

Jay H.
    OKC
  7. Marius New Member

Spain
    Thanks Jay, You know to find a picture like this in internet is unfortunately very easy and about work in Photoshop, it was very symple.
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Jesus........he looks good in the photoshop picture.
  9. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, my compliments.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks very good,
    keep up
    christos
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Question,
    Isn't the US patch on the right arm backwards? or is the image reversed?
    John
  12. Marius New Member

Spain
    Thanks guys. About the flag, it is funny that a Spanish guy tell you this. I've got some american friends, and the first time I saw this patch in their uniforms I wondered the same like you. Of course this is not a mistake, and I'd like to answer you with an extract of an article I have found in internet. My english is a bit poor to explain you correctly. But the explanation is the same that their gave me time ago.

“the star field faces forward, or to the flag’s own right. When worn in this manner, the flag is facing to the observer’s right, and gives the effect of the flag flying in the breeze as the wearer 'moves forward'. The appropriate replica for the right shoulder sleeve is identified as the ‘reverse side flag’.”

reverse flag link

Thanks.
  13. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jesus,
    Thanks for clearing that up. Interesting link also. Your English is just fine.
    Thanks,
    John