1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Soldier Ardennes 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Mar 15, 2009.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hi to all planeteers. Its been some time since my last post, but recently l managed to sneek into the modelling room and build and paint this excellent bust from Young Miniatures.
    It was all painted in acrylics from Tamiya, Citedal and Gunza. I had alot of fun with this and it was very easy to paint due to the excellent quality of the casting. I would have to say im a big fan of Young products. Hope you like, all comments welcome.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Andrew,

I'm a big fan of Young's busts too mate. If you email these photos to the Young Minitaures website I'm sure he'd be pleased to put them in his Gallery.

Well done Andrew, I know what it's like to make and paint this bust, and you've done a great job.
  3. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Lovely job Andrew. He looks every bit the part of a genuine, WWII GI.
  4. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    You gotta love this casting. I happen to have this piece on the work bench as we speak, and I'm very close to being done. Looks to be a very popular bust form Young. Ishii is unmatched, to me, as a sculptor. Clean and crisp lines. Your version of this bust has turned out well. My research tells me that the strap on the rear of the helmet was heavy stitched canvas though, OD in color, it looks like you might have done yours in a leather color. Small issue. Nice work on what I'm sure will become a classic that we will see many of on show tables for a long time to come.

Jay H.
    OKc
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Nice work Andrew..........

Ray ;)
  6. Elaphus Active Member

Germany
    Wow,

fantastic paintjob !!!!

Karsten
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting.
  8. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice!

Mark

;)
  9. Joseph Brubaker New Member

United-States
    Great painting,shading,I love the 5oclock shadow,thanks for sharing and posting.......
    Joseph
  10. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Well done Andrew nicely finished.

Regards, RobH.
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great painted bust Andrew!

Marcel.
  12. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Thankyou to you all for your kind comments and hints and tips, very appreciated.
    Cheers Andrew
  13. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A superb peice of painting.
  14. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Great painting Andrew, the stuble looks very real.

Cheers David