1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Sharpshooter c.1862

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Mar 17, 2008.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Apart from a couple of little touch ups that have only just become evident on the photo's I've just finished this 100mm resin Corporal 2nd US Sharpshooters c. 1862 by Michael Roberts Ltd.

Roger

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nicw work Billy om a nice figure . I think that figures do take off some of the contrast
  3. mikec55 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Good job! I like him. The whole figure looks great with the groundwork and all but I especially like the metal & wood work on his rifle & equipment.

I have a sharpshooter in the works but with the end of painting season drawing close & 2 or 3 projects to finish first, it'll probably be next fall before I start on him. Yours will be a source of reference for me when I start.

Mike
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Costas.
    Thank you too Mike. I hope you get as much pleasure from your sharpshooter as I have with this one. If you have any questions etc. please don't hesitate.

Roger
  5. eissteban Active Member

France
    Hi Roger,
    very glad to see you at work ;)
    i really like the green jacket

Seb.
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Seb, I've slowed down to your speed:D it seems to have made an improvement in my painting:)

Roger
  7. georges64 Member

France
    Hi Roger,
    he looks very good, I like him,the photos are saved for reference on one of my next projects.:)

georges.
  8. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job Roger
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roger,
    Good work. I like it.
    I recommend that you should underline the eye's, and accent the upper eyelid. It is maybe to soft in the casting but you should correct it.
    The rest is awesome.

marc
  10. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice, but I totally agree with Marc about the outlining of the eyes.
    Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Roger

Please if it is possible correct the outlining of the eyes. I like the green colours very much and think you have done a very good painting job.

But how can you send that figure to me in Germany? I think it would be a figure for the show "Duke of Bavaria".

Ulrich
  12. georges64 Member

France
    Is the fence supplied with the kit? The groundwork is perfect too:)

georges.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks fella's. I'll take another look at the eyes, along with some other bits and pieces I've spotted myself that I'm not happy with.
    Georges, the fence comes with the kit, the vegetation is roots dug from my garden. I'll lend you a spade if you want to come and get some:)

Roger
  14. petermh Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Roger
    nicely finished particularly the weathering to the clothing
  15. eissteban Active Member

France
    It's always a pleasure to help you my friend ;)
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Peter.

Roger
  17. georges64 Member

France
    Thanks Roger, you're too cool;)

You are lucky, because despite the fact that he post on the forum on the other side of the Channel, it does not go faster!:D

georges.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Georges, do you think we will ever see Sevastopol finished? Or do we have to apply more pressure to our friend Seb? :):D
  19. georges64 Member

France
    Hey Roger, Russia is far away, give him a little time again, he is young, it seemed overwhelmed :Dby his work and then I think he is ... married, you know what I mean;):D.So we will have to wait a long long time.:(:(

:Dgeorges.
  20. eissteban Active Member

France
    mais je trouverai un peu de temps pour te botter le train :D

Roger i do my best ! but it's really hard to find time to advance :(

Seb.