1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP US Marine- Yet another question!

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by chailey, Nov 8, 2015.

1. chailey Active Member

England
    100_0932.JPG 100_0933.JPG 100_0934.JPG Still very much a work in progress as I struggle with the concepts of layering and glazes, I stupidly added the right arm and belt equipment before adding the rifle...now I cant get the blessed rifle sling to fit!
    Can anyone give me some insight as to painting the 'bug juice' bottle strapped to his helmet, I just cant find a method for producing a convincing 'plastic' look for it?
    Comments good and bad welcome!
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'd try a very pale grey with a black bottle cap....
  3. bwildfong Well-Known Member

Canada
    Although I've never tried it, I've seen on a large scale bust a trompe l'oeil effect in which the artist painted the bottom half or so of the bottle in a pale grey, then painted the top half in a more whitish colour, then went over the whole bottle with a semi-gloss varnish. It looked very convincingly like a half-full plastic bottle of liquid. Kinda simple, but really convincing.

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Brian