1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP US Marine Rifleman

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jimias, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    No, he's not made that much of a mistake. The figure is dated 1968 (since he's standing on some sandbags I guess he's supposed to be at Khe Sanh). At that time the Marines would be wearing the M1955 frag vest issued in late 1967. The outer cover of these was in cotton duck, not nylon (only the pockets on that version were nylon). It was only the later issues of the M1955 vest that had nylon outer covers.
  2. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
    Hello

impresive work!!!

Is he same size that Pegaso Viking or higher??

regards
  3. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Possibly

But if I recall the cut of the two were different.
    Regardless still beautiful painting.
    Mrosko
  4. Harry New Member

Netherlands
    Type 1 had no pockets, type 2 had nylon pockets, new buttons and improved lacing added, type 3 had an all-nylon cover and an additional rifle guard on the left shoulder. The Marine M1955 vests were totally different from the M1969 vests the army used. This looks like a good model of the M1955 type 2 vest. The sculpting of the pockets looks a bit strange, but it's not really clear in the pictures and maybe it's OK when you see the model for real.

Yes, I agree, beautiful painting.
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Just finished dusting and weathering this one and I guess its finished now. Took some decent photos with a little help of a friend this time. Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

6. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    what a coincidence, i went looking for this guy last night and found him on page 5 or 6 and almost posted asking if you have finished him yet. I was afraid this might be one that you didn't finish and didn't want to bug you about him. I am really glad to get to see him finished, this is just a wonderful figure that you have painted to perfection. Thank you for posting the finished pictures.
  7. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Γεια Δημητρη
    πολυ καλες φωτογραφιες (y) που πραγματικά φανερωνουν την ομορφη δουλειά που εχει γινει στην μινιατουρα αυτη.(y)
    Πολυ καλο το τατουαζ και γενικα ολες οι λεπτομερεις που απαρτιζουν αυτη τη μινιατουρα τις εχεις κανει φανταντιστικά.:p:p
    Well Done Dimitrie!!(y)(y)

Alexandros
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Stunning Dimitrios. Is that a crucifix tattoo on his left arm?
    Carl.
  9. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Mike, the truth is that he was shelved for a while but i could not leave this one unfinished. Amazing figure on all aspects and great fun to paint. I m really glad you like him.

Alexandre my friend i m waiting for you this Saturday. I will bring the Marine with me so we can chat about painting.

Carl the tattoo is supposed to represent Jesus on the cross with his head hanging down. Glad you like the final result.
  10. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Simply superb painting Dimitrios. You've captured the look perfectly. Nice weathering colours too. Bravo.
  11. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    This is definitely one of the best Vietnam war figures I have seen. I love the flesh tones and the subtle shading of OD color is great as well. The details are amazing; the tattoo and the chest hair... Great work all together, Dimitrios!

Mario
  12. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Perfect 10 :)
  13. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Tony, Mario, Ernesto thank you my friends for the positive feedback. I really appreciate it.
  14. BobLff257 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Simply fantastic, Bravo.

Rob
  15. Ferris A Fixture

This came out really cool Dimitrios!
    Love your style!

Cheers,
    Adrian