1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Marine ,Pacific

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Apr 7, 2010.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    Here are castings ready to paint.the helmet straps are yet to be added.comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

Dennis, Christos, mil-mart and 4 others like this.
  2. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Andrew,

This one really aces in naturalism, and is elegant in its simplicity. I consider it to be an outstanding piece among your creations. It is also meritted by the fact that The Pacific is released. I for one have become sensitised to the Pacific theatre having seen 3 episodes.

All the best on commercial release!
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Michael,
    Thankyou for your praise as its much appreciated.This bust will be posted soon in various stages of painting.
    thanks again
    Andy
  4. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Just wondering. Do you have photographs showing Marines wearing this style of helmet netting? I ask because I have only seen it used by Army units in Europe, and recall reading that it wasn't used(or at least common)in the Pacific because of is resemblance to the netting used by the Japanese on their helmets. Most photos of Marines that I have seen show them wearing the double sided helmet cover, and some few with helmets without covers(some painted in camouflage colors).Another type of cover sometimes seen is camo cover with attached mosquito netting.
  5. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Early on in the war the Marines didn't have any covers on their helmets. There are plenty of pictures of them on the 'canal without covers. There was some improvisation and burlap was used and also cord like Andy shows. I hope this helps.

Nick
    RS4
  6. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Yes,I based this particular helmet netting used by Marines on Bougainville early in the Pacific campaign.hth.
    Andy
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andy, brilliant sculpting and I look forward to seeing him painted. (y)

Cheers Ken
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Tonight the serie is starting here in Holland.
    I''ve seen some screeners and its a must see.

Marc
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    very nice job on this one Andy, i like the look of this guy.

good luck with it mate,

Steve(y)
  10. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Nice casual pose Andy, looking forwards to seeing it painted.
    Carl.
  11. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Beautiful work!I like the sculping and the character of the figure!!!
    chris
  12. Michael Tse Active Member

HongKong
    Yes yes yes! As of now I have seen four episodes. The people behind it have aimed to make this a more intimate drama than the already quite moving Band of Brothers. At times I feel they overdo the intimacy but I can live with that.

My personal experience is that, to embrace this as a fan of Band of Brothers is not the best frame of mind. It is an extremely well made productions, but also a very different vehicle than Band.

I hope all WW2 buffs enjoy it!