1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Marine Corps Vietnam Bust

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Predasteve, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Predasteve Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi,

Another recent bust I finished is from SK Miniatures of a US Marine Corps in Vietnam. After seeing a youtube video of how to create rain effect I decided to give it a try. So the rain effect was created using fibre optic cable & Humbrol Gloss Coat. The rain drops on the bust itself was done by using Transparent Pebo Deco paint. The bust itself was painted with Vallejo acrylics & Darkstar metallics. The water on the base was created using Deluxe Materials Solid Water & Making Waves, with a little paint added for the color. The leaves & plants were fish tank accessories. At a first attempt trying this effect I was happy with the result.

Comments Welcome

Cheers

Steve

20191102_223822_resized.jpg 20191102_223829_resized.jpg 20191102_223840_resized.jpg 20191102_223850_resized.jpg 20191102_223901_resized.jpg 20191102_223911_resized.jpg
    Nap, Martin64, Chris Oldfield and 2 others like this.
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great finish on the bust and I think you've pulled it off with the rain effects too.

My only criticism is that I think the leaves are too bright and garish. I'd have airbrushed them in duller green tones to make them look more natural.

- Steve
    Predasteve likes this.
  3. chailey Active Member

England
    I echo the above about the leaves but the "rain" effect works really well.
    Predasteve likes this.
  4. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Wonderful job of painting this figure. Really do like the water effect you created.
    Predasteve likes this.
  5. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Excellent done and painting

Mobo
    Predasteve likes this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Steve

Nice work on that rain ....and very clean water pouring ....good on ya

This bust cries out for this presentation and yours works well ....do agree ref leaves ...perhaps a wash to dull them down ?

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Predasteve likes this.