1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Us marine automatic rifleman Pacific 1945

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gioazz, Mar 3, 2010.

1. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Mark,

Thanks so much, I probably won't change the sand colour (I've also found out that there were no palm trees there) but will change the title, Pacific instead of Iwo Jima.

Thanks so much again.

Ciao

Giovanni
  2. Mark Yungblut Member

United-States
    Giovanni,

I'd love it if you would tell us about your fleshtone mixes, how you applied them and how you rendered the other colors. It is very difficult to get so much depth in a 54. But you have not only done that you did it at an expert level.

Cheers,

Mark
  3. gioazz Active Member

Italy

Hi Mark,

Here is what I do.

I put on my palette: Ivory black, raw umber, burnt siena, golden ocher, napel's yellow deep, and titanium white.

aside I put a shade of red (alizarin crimson) a violet.

I then add red and violet to the center mixed colours.

I put the colours on my palette starting from the black finishing to the white in a semi circle (the red and violet are placed in the center of this semi circle).

I then start to mix/blend all the colour starting from the raw umber to the white making an inner circle (therefore left to right) and then, in an even inner circle from the burnt sienna to black (right to left).

I've now all the shadow and highlights I need and I pick and choose mid tones as well.

I almost never use pure colour, specially never pure black or pure white.

As for the five o'clock shadow, I mix the flashy tone on my palette (usually on the far right mix) with a grey (made with black, ochre and white tones) I now have a grey with pink hue, that's what I use.

I promise you is easier than it sounds.

I really raccomand you to get a copy of the Danilo Cartacci's book, if you can, is wonderful and a great help, I'm learning a lot from him!

If you click on the link you find the pics of the palette from Danilo, taken from his book, I only add some ochre, to the mix to have a more tan tone, not that really matters.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_L-G6en8GRMc/SyBXnNo0EcI/AAAAAAAAAVs/o2-y58Qwuyw/s1600-h/Palette.jpg

Ciao

Giovanni
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting and I can only echo the previous positive comments, (y)

Cheers Ken
  5. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Ken,

Thanks so much, you re very kind.

Ciao

Giovanni
  6. ldom77 Member

France
    it's an awesome figure Giovannu , i really like it

can you share with us the color you use for trousers and uniform ?

Dom
  7. gioazz Active Member

Italy
    Hi Dom,

Thanks for your complimets, really appreciated.

I wish I could remember the colors I used, but I can't, I mix and match colors until I get the tone I like. I can tell you that I used violet and brown tones for the shadows, buff and flesh tones for highlights.

I'm really sorry I can't help, but please let me know if you need anything else.

Ciao

Giovanni