1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

US Marine, 1945

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by ANDREA EUROPE, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Kandor8 Active Member

United-States
    It's just a great looking figure. I'm a huge admirer of the USMC and my dad was a BAR gunner in Korea so I'm really psyched.
  2. IronMike A Fixture

This is a superbly done figure regardless of the critiques and speculations. I have my best guess but will remain a neutral observer. In over 50 years of studying and collecting military uniforms, especially USMC, I have to say almost anything is possible. Has anyone noticed he's wearing the army style suspender straps. M1936/43? Some were issued to Marines.

In the book "into the Valley" Marine on Guadalcanal was documented carrying a sharpened screw driver as a personal defense weapon.

A few Marines were issued the Army 2 buckle combat boots for testing on Iwo Jima?

In Vietnam we cut up the M1941 belt suspenders and used them for belts for our trousers. Believe it or not in 1970 we were still being issued M1941equipment including knapsacks and haversacks. We were also shooting 105mm ammunition from WW2.
    Martin64, Blind Pew and tomifune like this.
  3. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Mike
    I read that the straps are actually the Corpsmans suspenders as pictured, and were sometimes used by the BAR guys because of the weight of the ammo

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Martin64 likes this.
  4. IronMike A Fixture

Looks to be correct.
  5. Warren SMITH A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent figure, and interesting to read about the finer points about helmet liners and two weapons.. Hope the figure sells well and Andrea do bring out a couple of British or Commonwealth figures.

Warren.
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    :wideyed:!!

I'll let you all ponder the why and wherefores :D!

As for me, this is a must have!

Joe
    Martin64, Blind Pew and tomifune like this.
  7. NeilH Member

United-Kingdom
    Awesome figure, how detailed will these look in the small scales?
    Neil
  8. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

End of issue, look at picture #3, Soft cap. He's carrying Tommy gun and a BAR. The distinctive barrel grip is not easily seen but there are several distinctive elements.
    Good to see an Andrea release that isn't German. I'm tempted because it looks really good even though I don't do much WWII.
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You know Mike, I wonder if this is a dude who grew up on the shady side of town and couldn't break an old habit!;)
    Martin64 and IronMike like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

A nice looking figure from Andrea , it will be popular I am sure , a good challenge to paint as well

Thanks to very one for the discussion ref the equiptment ...very interesting learnt a lot

Would make a nice bust IMO as well!

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  11. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    All you've said, Martin and I've always enjoyed to see people on this forum lashing out at Andrea, mostly, and other producers... people complain about russian legends and folklore!

It's woderfully sculpted, if they pull the paint job the right way it'll be a marvel to look at. I'll buy it. and a 1/16th scale jeep to go along with it.

And I also hope some new subjects come along with this one.
    Martin64 likes this.
  12. ANDREA EUROPE Active Member

HAND PAINTED By Carlos ROYO

PH16-F001 01.jpg PH16-F001 02.jpg PH16-F001 03.jpg PH16-F001 04.jpg
    pmfs, Blind Pew, billyturnip and 4 others like this.
  13. iwik Active Member

United-States
    Hi y'all!
    Ok, next question then:
    When will it be available?
    Ciao
    iwik
  14. ANDREA EUROPE Active Member

15. Steve Ski PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Yet another awesome figure for the collection. Minor alterations are never an issue in this "Sport", so I see no issue with removing a helmet or a gun. This figure has a lot of potential from my perspective, Bravo!
  16. Len K. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Oh man! I just ordered this figure. This kit is a true and exact representation of an actual WWII Marine. It is a moment frozen in time. I'm not concerned why two helmets or weapons the fact is he had them. Only he knows why. I'm painting him just as he is. Only wish we knew his name!
  17. Ronaldo A Fixture

Sixty Euros for a 120mm figure of this quality is not bad
  18. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Are more figures planned in this range?
  19. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Excellent Andrea!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  20. chailey Active Member

England
    This isn't my field of interest but this and other figures produced by this method bode well for the future for figure painters, it's far removed from the models that were available when I was cutting my teeth,
    would it be possible to produce figures from other era's by the same method, e.g. WW1, Crimean War ACW....Photos exist from these periods?

steve