1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

URLICH VON JUNGINGEN

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by BULL, Jan 12, 2021.

1. BULL A Fixture

I decided to share with you the beginning of the painting work on this beautiful 1/10 scale bust, the latest news from Crecy Models.
    This will be the alternate version (official Boxart being worked on by Cipriani Arianna) representing the Teutonic Grand Master Urlich Von Jungingen during the battle of Tannenberg.
    As always, I work all in acrylic.
    The sculpture is so beautiful that it is a real pleasure to sit at the painting table; stay tuned for the next steps.

ulrich1.jpg

ulrich2.jpg

ulrich3.jpg
    marco55, gothicgeek, Wampa and 27 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    My, what a fearsome chap! Beautiful painting on the face (y)
  3. VisjeMar A Fixture

4. Capt. Warren PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Really nice figure and superb painting. I really like the teeth...
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Superb painting and I like the flesh tone's, the face is excellent.
    Capt. Warren likes this.
  6. Chiariello Member

Italy
    Beautiful face painting with eyes and mouth that stand out more for quality, bravo(y)
    Capt. Warren likes this.
  7. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovin' that Enrico (y)

Look forward to the next steps
    Paul
  8. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    How did you achieve gloss on lips?
  9. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Fantastic work Enrico! :)(y)

Cheers,
    Ken
  10. BULL A Fixture

thank you, I am very pleased that you like the beginning of the work. The bust is very beautiful, so this also makes painting a lot easier and pushes you to enhance every detail. The open mouth is definitely an unusual detail that makes this expression interesting. I painted the mouth with normal Vallejo acrylics, and once the work was finished and dry I gave small glazes of gloss vallejo to recreate the moist effect of the inner cheeks and lips.
    Nap and grasshopper like this.
  11. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Thankyou Enrico.
    BULL likes this.
  12. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Great job on the face! I have to say, the surfaces of the bust don't look very smooth. OK for the cloth, I guess, but it looks like it would be hard to get a nice finish on the armor.

Jason
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Enrico

Just love those fleshtones on a very impressive facial sculpt ..great painting on the beard

Following with interest

What references are you using ?

Look forward to more on this

Happy benchtime

Nap
  14. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Enrico in your last post you let us see what amazing work that you could do with 1/35 scale, you have now moved way up in size and you have totally nailed that face, I will be following your progress with interest as medievals' would be my thing, great stuff.
    TERRY
  15. Ferris A Fixture

Looks like 3D print layers are visible in the armour.

Beautiful painting of the face!

Adrian
  16. BULL A Fixture

this is the first bust digitally made in 3D by this company, so I believe they will certainly have a way to improve their quality even further. There are small signs of the print, which are noticeable only in small portions of the smooth surfaces. But I'm confident I can hide this effect with color. We will see how the painting will continue.
    Nap likes this.
  17. BULL A Fixture

hi Nap, thank you. If you mean what kind of colors I used, I tell you that mainly I always work with colors from the Vallejo range and some rare colors from Andrea. Honestly, it is more for the sake of ease of finding the colors of this company than the other. I believe that, with a little practice, in the end the difference is more the color control than the pigment itself; different speech instead for metals, where a too glittery finish is not good as a final effect.
    Nap likes this.
  18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Unreal realism. Just amazing.

- Steve
  19. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Impressiv face, like the beard too.
  20. BULL A Fixture

I thank you for the nice words spent so far.
    Let's go a little further, starting to work on the metals of the mail and the helmet.
    I don't like armor that is too shiny, because I believe that at the time the metal, so much that it was worked well and also because of the intensive use, always had a more opaque finish than certain chromed armors that are seen around today.

1610645765682.jpg 1610645765685.jpg 1610645765679.jpg 1610645765688.jpg
    marco55, Wampa, Edorta and 5 others like this.