1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Unterscharfuehrer - FeR Miniatures - 75mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Nov 12, 2014.

1. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Adrian,

you did an amazing job on the figure, absolutely stunning! (y) And on top of that, the pattern is perfectly realistic, not just resembles to some kind of german camo.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
    Denes
  2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Really well done and superb camo.
    Cheers
    John
  3. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Adrian you did a first class, top notch, beautiful job on this guy. I don't know how you did it, but you managed to rid him of that goofy look to his face.

Joe
  4. Ferris A Fixture

Hi Nick, Denes, John and Joe: Thanks for your comments, much appreciated! Glad you like the result.

Cheers,
    Adrian
  5. Ferris A Fixture

About the face sculpt, this seems to be a love it or hate it sculpt. My issue with some of H&V's heads is mainly that they can be on the large side. This one is at least perfectly scaled and as said before I like the a-typical face, but I understand that it can be disliked.

I mentioned earlier that the face remindedd me of a German actor, Tom Schilling, but I did not get around to posting some pics. Here are a few snaps found on the web, compared to the figure. The actor can look goofy too!
    :-D

Cheers,
    Adrian

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    crf and ChaosCossack like this.
  6. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Good one Adrian!

Joe
    Ferris likes this.
  7. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  8. MENTAL DENTAL A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A lot of hard work there............I know little of the subject matter but , I can appreciate the brush work and tonal changes(y);)
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Don't know how I missed this!:facepalm:
    Looks awesome Adrian... The work on the camo is mindblowing!!! I won't even touch that... I'd rather paint tartan.
    As for the face, I believe it's the same sculptor as Southern Pride, the civil war sculpt I'm doin as the face looks the same. You've done a good job dealing with the "doll face".

Overall this is a well done piece... You've done a great job!!!

Colin
  10. Ferris A Fixture

Thanks a lot Eduardo, David and Colin. Glad you like him and thanks for commenting.

@Colin: yes, it's the same sculptor. I also have the Southern Pride figure, I love it and it's built and ready to go. Just waiting for new painting energy!
    By the way, although such camo is a indeed a lot of work, I think tartan is harder. Any uneveness in tartan will be noticable, with camo it's not about the last 0.01mm.

Cheers
    Adrian
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. Trex Well-Known Member

Exceptional work Adrian!
    As others said, the face and the camo are superb and I also like how you painted the rifle's wooden parts.(y)
  12. Ferris A Fixture

Thank you Trex!

Cheers,
    Adrian