1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

United Empire Miniatures

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Guy, Mar 3, 2006.

1. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Hello, everyone! I received the Dante bust from UEM yesterday and am prepairing to start the boxart painting today I hope to complete painting by mid April. It is a very nicely done piece. The style and mood that come across in it before painting really tells me it will be great once it's been painted. It is larger than what we normally encounter, but not too big. Keep your eyes open for this one when it's released. It's sure to be a classic.

Matt S
  2. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the info Matt. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one released.
    John, I hope you decide to come up to MFCA again this year. It'll make it so much easier to sell one to me :) .
    Craig
  3. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Here's a shot of this wonderful bust in progress. Still lot's to do, but getting there.

Matt

Attached Files:

4. PJ Deluhery Active Member

United-States
    Wow! I'm just blown away by this piece. John, I hope you change your mind about MFCA. In any case I will be on the prowl for this one there.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Matt, the Dante bust is looking awesome. I'm sure your boxart will really help sales of this fantastic piece of sculpture.~Gary
  6. moore Active Member

United-States
    Matt.... I have not been on the Planet for a while and I know you had this at
    our club meeting. Your painting is just fantastic. I am wondering after I
    see your work if I should have started or kept going with acrylics. You are
    a great painter.

Dee
  7. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Here's a pic of the completed piece. It was quite a challenge to paint in this larger scale with acrylics. Not sure about a release date, I'll leave John to answer that, but I certainly recommend getting your hands on one. The piece could be painted with virtually any color or design the painter wishes aside from the reds I chose.

Matt

Attached Files:

8. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Here'a another detailed shot of the face.

Attached Files:

9. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Exceptional, even for you Matt. It looks like an excellent piece. Beautifully painted.
  10. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    Really beautiful. Matt that is really great work I thought the scult looked amazing but you have really brought it to life. Again really nice work outstanding.

Best
    Jeff