1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Union Infantryman Finished

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jun 3, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here's a couple of photo's of my completed 54mm Union Infantryman by Shenandoah. Painted with Andrea and Citadel acrylics
    Comments and critique welcome.

Roger

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Great job !
  3. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Well done, Roger! I particularly like the shaded folds at the back of the coat and the well-weathered looking uniform. :)

All the best,
    Dan
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments fella's.:)

Roger.
  5. eissteban Active Member

France
    hey Roger
    Good painting, another one on the rack :)
    when do you leave ?
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Seb. This was a nice little figure and for less than £10:)
    Still don't know when I'm going back. I should find out tomorrow.

Roger
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I agree with everybody else, good work.

Cheers
    Roc
  8. BillW Member

United-States
    Hi

Verrrrrry nice.

Do you use oils for the flesh?

Regards

Bill
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Roc. Thank you Bill, acrylics were used throughout. I wouldn't know where to start with oils:D
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice Roger,I have never used citadels,any comments about them?
    christos
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Christos. Thank you. I find that the Citadel paints dry to a satin finish so I'm very careful to what items of clothing and equipment I apply them to.
    I find they work well in conjunction with Citadel ink washes on the wooden funiture of firearms, leather euipment and boots, if you want them to look new and polished of course. The metallic paints are very good. "Brazen Brass" was used on this figure for the belt buckle and the other bits and pieces.
    I also mix them with Andrea colours that gets rid of some of the shinyness.

Roger.
  12. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Wow. You are very quick. And, what is more important, a very good paint-job. I like, same as Dan, the weathered clothes with the dirty look.

Ulrich
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Ulrich. Not really quick. I spend a lot of hours a day at the table painting, ask Jane:)

Roger
  14. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Roger, nice job. I really like the tarred haversack. You got that just right. The pants could have been lighter. They were "sky blue," officially. A good match for that color is Vallejo's Union Blue also Model Master's Navy Blue Gray, Other that taht, you have nice depth to a really dark sahde of bule inthe coat and great detail work on the brass.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Al. I appreciate your comments. The trousers did actually start as being the "sky blue" you describe, however I've lost that original colour due to the amount of weathering I applied. I will bear this in mind when I paint the Michael Roberts 100mm 6th Wisconsin figure which I've got in the pipeline.
    Thanks again,
    Roger