1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

UNIFORMS IN COLOR

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by maui, Jun 9, 2018.

1. maui Active Member

Italy
    It’s a pleasure to introduce you a brand new attractive project: "Uniforms in Colors".
    This is a collaboration between two italian guys: Stefano De Gioannis, an enthusiast and scholar of military history and XIX century uniforms as well as model soldiers collector, and Riccardo Cerilli, a professional miniatures sculptor and military illustrator.
    From this shared affinity the idea to produce uniforms plates for collectors.
    Each uniform plate is carefully researched in details and painted in top quality watercolours with remarkable artistic skills.

Their first portofolio, still available in some copies, is composed by four subjects and called:"Tambours Majors Infanterie de Ligne 1806-1809", so four colourful Drum Majors of the famous Napoleonic Grand Armee, printed on white textured Fedrigoni 250 gr quality paper size: 23x33 cm (25x35 including folder). Along with them an interesting historical note on these subjects printed on parchment.

Limited Edition of 20 copies, each signed and numbered by the author.

I find this project cool and very interesting for modellers of military figurines, always looking for correct references and inspiring subjects.
    Historical research is a very important part of the fun in creating military figurines, and “Uniforms in Colors” could be useful as a serious historical reference with an artistic and collectible value!!!
    For information you can find them on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/uniformsincolors/
    :) enjoy!

tavole-tamburi-3.jpg
    PARETE.jpg
  2. gommolo Active Member

United-States
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Any idea of price for the set?

Keith
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Excellent set beautifully presented ...certainly would grace any man cave !

Be interested in the price as well !

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  5. maui Active Member

Italy

Hello everyone, I am attaching a message that my friend Stefano of "Uniforms in color" wrote to me.
    Thanks for your interest.

Hello, thank you and nice to meet you. Our Tambours Majors portfolio is composed by 4 subjects printed on Fedrigoni - white textured paper 250 gr put into a nice folder.
    Size of the planches is 23x33cm (folder 25x35).

about price is:
    55€ including shipping cost for Italy.
    60€ including shipping cost for Europe.
    75€ including shipping cost for USA.

For any further info please write to the facebook page “UNIFORMS IN COLORS” or send a mail to: s.degioannis@grf91.net
  6. Elmar Member

Germany
    I just purchased the set.*
    60€ for alimited edition of 20 with the prints signed is quite a good offer!
    The will come up with at least one other set during 2018.

As far as I could guess from the conversation they also make "uniform plates" on demand?

*This said there are now only 5 sets left.
    maui likes this.
  7. maui Active Member

Italy

Thank you Elmar! :)