1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Uniform Question

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Gummisheep, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Gummisheep Member

Hungary
    Hi Guys!

I need a little help with this figure:"35045 - Pathfinder (101st AB), Normandy 1944. 1:35 "
    I allready orderd it, and have started to collect materials,infos about the uniform.But it looks like for me the figure dosent has the reinforced patch on the knees,and elbows.
    So my question is where there any soldiers who did the jump into Normandy without modificated uniform??

Here is a pic about the Figure:

Thanks for your help.
    Roland

Attached Files:

2. Saginaw79 New Member

United-States
    Yes, many of the paratroopers also had various modifications done as well.
  3. Gummisheep Member

Hungary
    Well thanks for the reply,but i still dont know where there any soldiers who did the jump into Normandy without reinforced patch on the elbows,and on the knees??:)If not ........than i must modify the figure,and put on patches...
    I hope somebody can help:)
    Thanks
  4. IIICorps Active Member

United-States
  5. HiroshiAirborne Active Member

United-States
    Heyo, Ron!

Yes, many paratroopers jumped into D-Day without reinforced patches. The way things worked was that paratroopers were issued two jump uniforms. Sometime after Italy, where reports of blow-outs from pockets and such happened, they reinforced one of the two issued uniforms.

Not only did they reinforce the bottom pockets of the Jacket, but they reinforced the leg pockets and added straps (which is funny, because he has leg-tie straps for his leg pockets in that picture.. but no reinforcements?) To finish the reinforcing job, they soaked the uniform in a chemical that supposedly made it impervious to gas attacks.

Problem was, they were doing the soaking and reinforcing job at a massive scale. Many paratroopers didn't receive their special M1942 uniforms in time but many more did. In multiple photographs you will see a nice scattered arrangements of M1942 uniforms with and without reinforced patches.

I hope this answers your question!

- Hiroshi
  6. Saginaw79 New Member

United-States
    I answered that question above, sorry if i didnt make it clear! :)

if you wanted sources you should have asked! :D
  7. Gummisheep Member

Hungary
    Thanks for the help guys.....you helped me a lot.
    Roland