1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Uniform details needed for British colonial officer from Castle Miniatùres

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by oierlings, May 31, 2020.

1. oierlings Active Member

Switzerland
    Hi, I'm currently working on the Castle Miniatures British Colonial officer.

((c)Picture from Castle Miniatures Web Site)

I'm not sure of the colour options I do have on this figure. Is Zulu War 1879, 75th Regiment the only option? I have seen some blue uniforms too, but I'm not sure if that would fit also.

s519600718823879574_p64_i4_w645.jpeg
  2. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    Hi,
    Here are a couple of pictures that might help you.
    Regards,
    Alex from Castle Miniatures

Kit-1.jpg Kit-2.jpg imperial1565726306_2-min.jpg 1st-battalion 13th Regt (Somersetshire) Light Infantry.jpg 3rd-battalion 60th Kings Royal Rifles 1879.jpg 24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regt of Foot Isandlwana.jpg 24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regt of Foot_Rorkes-drift.jpg
  3. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
  4. Oda A Fixture

A beautiful figure in the usual top quality of Castle and some excellent documentation by Alexandre which serves to show how serious he is about his work and how much he respects his customers.Thumbs up and I will be following this.

Oda.
  5. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    If he doesn't see this and chime in himself, drop Richie a PM (that's his handle on here, his avatar is a photo of a chimp).

The 1879 Zulu War is his main area of interest and expertise, he's probably the best guy on here to ask.

- Steve
    oierlings, Oda and Nap like this.
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Already sent Eric a full description of uniform details and illustrations the other week.
    cheers
    Richie
    Babelfish and Nap like this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Based on the collar badge (sphynx) and cuff details he is a Lieutenant 2nd Warwickshire's 24th Regiment of Foot. Could be easily converted to a number of other regiments or Colonial units with a little bit of work.
    cheers
    Richie
  8. alecs00 Member

You could try Osprey books