1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Uniform color Gen. Lee

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by Chiariello, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Chiariello Member

Italy
    IMG_20201130_170007.jpg
    Good evening I found an old bust of the Kirin company representing General Lee, if anyone can advise me on the shade of gray to use, I use both acrylics and oils and now I'm experimenting withatercolors. welcome by anyone
    Oda and dmcHobbes like this.
  2. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    It is most likely to be cadet grey a bluey grey can be mixed from paynes grey and white this is oils but I supose acrylics would be the same.Hope this helps
    Oda and dmcHobbes like this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Goodness haven't seen that for a long time ...nice find

What acrylics have you got , colours etc ...do you use a wet palette ?

Following

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  4. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Oh my.. The Mike Good bust. Painted him twice years ago. Old Pete is right; a blue grey color would be appropriate. This is a photo of Lee's surrender uniform. Lighting is not good but you get the idea.

[IMG]
    Jed, Nap, Oda and 1 other person like this.
  5. Chiariello Member

Italy
    The acrylic colors I own are a good part of the Vallejo but I also use the Maimeri in tubes.For the oil colors and the watercolors I use the Windsor & Newton.

For the washes I use the acrylic products of The Army Painters and I always bought the same wet palette that has an additional shelf to put the brushes.

IMG_20201201_071608.jpg IMG_20201201_071649.jpg
    Jed and Nap like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Serge

Never used those colours but later I will post some colours for you

Reaper do a Ashen Blue which woukd be a good base but would need mixing with other grays

Stay tuned

Nap

PS ...I can move this to V Bench if you wish as a WIP .
    Jed likes this.