1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Unidentified vessel

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kenshin393, Jun 19, 2015.

1. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Estimed members of the PFF, i write to you as i have been assured of your expertise in certain esoteric matters. Please find enclosed 3 photographic plates taken by a Mrs Mary Hogarth, a ministers wife of some standing. It was taken from Seals Cove on the Mull of Galloway on the 1st of september 1875 and shows the wreck of the mechant ship "Viken" that had run aground earlier that day.
    We are interested in tracing what seems to be a second vessel of extraordinary design.
    While government sources claim there is no reason to investigate, it should be noted that the Ironclad "Cerebus" under Capt. Abraham Corfield has begun unscheduled manuevers in the area.
    Please send any particulars regarding this matter to Mssrs. Frobisher & Hunter, Investigations.
    We are indebted to you Sirs & Madams. 1250.JPG 1222.JPG 1227.JPG
    garyhiggins and lolok like this.
  2. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Photos by my lovely and talented wife, models (such as can be seen) by yours truely;)
  3. swralph A Fixture

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here Ken.could you please give further info?.
  4. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    But then where would be the mystery Ralph? Lol!
    swralph likes this.
  5. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Looks like "Day of the Triffids" to me. Or maybe a Kraken.
    kenshin393 likes this.
  6. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I must admit sir, I know not of these "triffids" of which you speak. Though I am well familiar with the legends of the great kraken. Further investigation is in order.
    Osebor likes this.
  7. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Somebody has been to Games Workshop.... I recognize those tentacles (y)
    kenshin393 likes this.
  8. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I assure you sir, that the tentacles are genuine, everyone knows that the gaming and workshop emporium was not established until at least 1924.
  9. Mark S Guest

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up sniffin' glue.
  10. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I'm easing you back into reality slowly mark ;)
    garyhiggins likes this.
  11. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Could it be within the purview of Captain Nemo or perish the thought.........The dread martian machines.. 31335_.jpg
    garyhiggins, kenshin393 and Osebor like this.
  12. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Whilst the Martian threat can never be discounted, the war is a long way from here and the Martians are currently contained (in Belgium possibly, I lose track). I think finding the elusive Capt. nemo might bear fruit.
  13. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This Nemo fellow is spoken of in hushed whispers. In Fog shrouded taverns from Novia Scotia to Shetland..
    Could it be he is in league with the dread martian hordes or mayhap he has perloined parts of their machines.. Gravity repulsors or ether engines for use in his craft.
    garyhiggins and kenshin393 like this.
  14. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good god sir! The very thought that the roguish Nemo has obtained Martian technology must make the blood of every true British gentleman run cold.
    We must hope that Capt. Corfields searches prove successful (though if the rumours of his increasing fondness for strong liquor are true then god help us).
    garyhiggins, Osebor and lolok like this.
  15. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Poor Capt Corfields cannot be maligned if indeed he has sought solace in the company of Pan. Any man would falter after seeing his beloved wife reduced to radioactive vapour in the heinous and execrable attack on Colchester last whitsuntide.
    From your bravely taken daguerreotypes we can only surmise that further nefarious incursions upon Albions shores are planned or already afoot...
    We really need to see the righteous anger of Britains manhood set loose in present Crusade against these blackguards who threaten our fair womenhood. airshsdfsip1.jpg
    I attach an image of the latest creation from the fertile brain of Mr Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Who, it has been revealed has been in secret conclave with the war office and our good Queen Victoria's husband Albert.
  16. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Err! what's this thread actually about?? As I have no idea.:confused:

Mark
    tomifune and garyhiggins like this.
  17. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Sir Tubby-nuts..You must perforce know from the daily front page reports of our inestimable news-sheets and penny dreadfuls that our very shores are under threat and increasingly attack from agents of foreign and celestial powers..Pick up your gun Sir and secrete your wife and loved ones in the fruit cellar...
    The menace approaches... View attachment 198414
    kenshin393 likes this.
  18. kenshin393 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    My dear fellow! It would appear that this thread concerns the fate of the nation, nay! The very Empire could be at stake! We must do everything in our power to thwart these evil schemes! (At least until someone gets fed up and bumps this thread to the lounge)
    garyhiggins and lolok like this.
  19. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Its what psychiatrists call free association...Down the pub it's called talking B....cks... Fun though on a boring Sunday afternoon thinking whats next..:confused:
  20. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Aerial ironclads...

Attached Files: