1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Unhappy Ogre

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Calvin, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Calvin Member

That sad guy is the sketch for the Unhappy Ogre head. First head attempt ended in a mess, so I am redoing it, still a lot of things to do. The basement is almost finished.

Any suggestion or critique is welcome as usual.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks pretty, interesting idea!
    christos
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Luca, great start, let's see him come together! Love what your doing with the details on the base/plinths you have come up with!

How about some pointy ears for this fellow if he's an ogre? Would that work? Maybe some small horns on top (I like the curly ram type, but the sky's the limit!)? I love these types of figures, no rules!!!!!!!

Jay H.
    OKC
  4. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Yes, it is really nice !!!!

Just one thing I think should give a better rendition : from the top of the head to the end of the base, I can only see same shapes.... It could be better to give more shapes variations. For exemple to add something very thin between the neck and the base, like a spin.....
    But it is not necessary. It's only something to avoid a flat sensation...

JP
  5. Calvin Member

Thanks Christos.

Jay, yes the ears will be pointed, what you see is just the rough. Horns ? I was thinking the same, but not for this, I found a picture for an alternative version of Darth Maul, it could be a really nice kit.

Jean Paul, yes once again (you read my mind guys...), I will place a collar to break the shape of the neck, there will be also two scars on the back and a lot of wrinkles.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
  6. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Lol Luca,

maybe because you think too loud :)

JP
  7. Calvin Member

a little progress...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

after some 'silent' thinking... :lol:
  8. Angaliel A Fixture

France
    Really nice, I can see lots of skine tones on his face.

I'd like to paint this one. And your Bat also.... but you know already that :)
    I have to order them !!!

JP
  9. Calvin Member

There is a universe to explore..., take a look at the online gallery of the Amazing Modeller website, you will find some renditions like that

[IMG]

or that

[IMG]

from David Fisher. That guy is a monster, besides the impressive painting he is a master of lighting. Also take a look on the second page of the gallery, at the "Pit and the Pendulum", do you remember it...?
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Luca,
    love the nose! :lol:

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. Calvin Member

...sort of Dante reminiescence, lol
  12. Calvin Member

Not finished yet, still need to carve some more and make some more adjustment, earrings must be added too.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]