1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ultraviolet 1/6 (Warning Nudity)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by pokrad, Nov 6, 2010.

1. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well done! (y)
  2. cblakey1 Member

United-States
    Yep. That was it. (y)
  3. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Replacement/Spare Head almost finished.
    Huh, I have to find some head-making tutorials, because obviously I do not understand some volumes:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  4. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    some reduction back of her head will do her some favour Darko.

By the way, first thing I thought,..she also looks like Shannon Daugherty.

got any help yet on the casting issue?

René
  5. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thx, I'll try to reduce the back of the head.

Did an experiment - took scrap piece of resin (junk excess from some Aires cockpit for 1/48 airplane), put some sculpey on it, and baked at 110C. Resin did not melt, was not deformed, and sculpey was baked. A really good force is needed to detach sculpey from resin- It WORKS !!!

I talked to my friend, silicone can be purchased from Slovenia, he is using this one: http://www.restauro.si/index.php?S=4&Article=51&L=9, and few types of resin are available here in Croatia. In any case, I'll try to cast it as soon as I get materials...
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking great Darko! (y)
  7. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Time to bake ?

[IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  8. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    you are a great polisher Darko.

Bake her!!

and yes, resin/ thermo clay can be baked even at 130 degrees together.

as I told, be careful with small, thin part, for instance my rifle..there was a little twist of the muzzle in mine.

trouble?

no, I just baked it again and stretched it in to shape :)

go for it!

rené
  9. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    It is amazing what little alcohol can do ;)

I baked the head. Chopped off the old head, redo the neck -now inside neck is insertion key, so I can bake body separately (body together with the head does not fit my owen) , and who knows maybe do another head ? ;)
    I also changed angle of the neck, and made head to lean forward a bit...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Guess what, I'm doing another one :D !
    Is it going to be any better ? Have no idea, but practice should be the best teacher ;)

[IMG]
    gordy and Renéduret like this.
  11. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    I like Darko's post!!!

try to imagine what other type of clothing you can give her, so much possibilities Darko.
    ( not that I really am thinking of that now :)
    Beautiful, really.

René
  12. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Thank You Rene !

I'll be doing at least two versions, one fully dressed as in the movie, and the other one, khmmm, not so dressed :D
  13. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Nice work. I think the head appears to need a bit of material removed from the back. The head should be about the same measurement from brow to the back of the head as it is from the bottom of the chin to the hair line on the forehead. Make sense? I use a small caliper to check my measurements.

I hope that helps. Btw, your work is very clean looking and smooth. Well done!

Matt
  14. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    It does make sense, and You are absolutely right, still too much material on the back, just checked. I do not have caliper that small so I use school equipment-my daughter's divider-but never figured out that relation You just mentioned-thank You for teaching me something new !

Concerning the smoothness of the surface-I know that is not so common to have smooth surfaces so early in the process, but when I leave it rough, I have really hard time figuring out mistakes and disproportions. It does consume more time cause many surfaces have to be smoothed more than once-but it is only way that works for me ;)
  15. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Oh, I forgot, some last night progress on the new head ;)
    Are the cheek bones still too much pronounced ?

[IMG]
    Dan Morton likes this.
  16. ookami Member

Mexico
    the face looks very nice, you may add the eyes now to have a beter view of the expresion but the face anatomy looks ok to me.
  17. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Some progress...
    Few problems with symmetry, and the area below the nose. I should study that area more closely, keep having problems with it.
    And the back-head, huh. I keep trimming it, and the damn thing is constantly growing :)
    But the fight is not over yet, I'm not giving up...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Happy sculpting !
    Renéduret and gordy like this.
  18. Renéduret Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    She's beautiful Darko!

maybe good idea to create her neck also, helps looking for symetry?

Rene
  19. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Rene, neck would help, but unfortunately on the head should be just a key, neck is sculpted on a body.

In any case that's it, lets say this is maximum for the current "skill level" :D

I'm gonna add some ears, and bake:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    gordy likes this.
  20. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I made sword using this picture as reference:

[IMG]

It was about time that I pay for bad armature planing, damn thing fell from the stand, burned out and deformed during baking process.
    Left is newly started sword, right old burned and deformed one:

[IMG]