1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Ultimate Hunter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Nov 5, 2011.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi All,
    It's been awhile since posting but this is what I have been up to. I have had this resin 1/6 scale Predator for many years sitting in the grey army. It is a bad casting so I am adding and changing quite a bit on it to bring it up to scratch. The resin is also rock hard and brittle and hard to work with.
    I have ground off all the dreadlocks and sculpted new ones that have a bit more natural flow to them. This also included adding the jewellery/adornments that highlights them. I have also had to fix a lot of air bubbles and chipped sections on his armour as well as add some extra detail.
    There is a lot to go yet as I am ageing this Predator and adding it with another for a vignette.

Thanks for looking
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Looks like a hellava lot of work Ben. I'm sure it will be worth it once you're finished.
  3. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for that Tony, yep it is a lot of work but I am really getting into converting and some basic sculpting at the moment so am having fun.
    Ben
  4. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Here are some updates on this project. I have attached the torso to the legs and arms, added some battle damage to the armour, sculpted a new belt with a leathery look and four spikes from spun acrylic, added the spines around his face and shoulders using dried thorns from a noxious weed that grows around here, and added a worn look to the shoulder/chest straps. As the arm gauntlets were pretty badly cast as well, so I ground most of these back to stumps and added strip styrene and the like to give more sharp detail. I have also have added the main tusks, that once again I resculpted, you may notice that one of them is chipped/broken, this was intentional as he is to look battle worn.
    Thanks for looking
    Ben

Attached Files:

5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ben great job on the repairs and alterations, it'll be a shame to paint it and hide all the work you've done.
    Look forward to seeing the vignette.
    Cheers Ken
  6. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks for that Ken, the paint job will be the hardest part as to get the look of the Predators skin is quite a challenge.
    Ben
  7. pipetrepid Active Member

United-States
    ben, looks like you`re doing quite well!
  8. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Great work on the dreads.
    Carl.
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Bill and Carl for the compliments. I am happy so far and will post some more photos in the next few days as I am sculpting the right hand with a sword in it at the moment. This is to replace the basic closed hand that came with the kit.
    Ben
  10. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Hi everyone,
    Been a while but I have been working on this kit. This series of photos show the alteration I have done to his right hand. Originally it was just a clenched fist, so I opened it up and have scratchbuilt a sword to put in his hand. The sword blade is carved from arcrylic and the hilt and handle from brass. I will be adding putty to the handle to make it look like bone. I have also had to resculpt his fingers so as to hold the handle. Also seen in the photos are the two wrist blades. I made a master of one and cast two so that they will be the same.
    Thanks for looking
    Ben

Attached Files: