1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Ulli Leitpold

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DrLutz, Jul 6, 2004.

1. DrLutz Member

Israel
    [IMG]

I never had an idea that someone will be interested to see SBS of my miniatures. These photos I made purely for my friends amusement. Adter a day of sculpting I had a picture of what have been done. Then I send it to my friends as a quest to recognise a person...
    So "and was evening and morning - day one".
    Mr.Manniken. I used pictures from Warhammer Monthly #32 for reference, inspiration and constipation.
  2. DrLutz Member

Israel
    The second day - the head and the hammer was made. Then i started with the right hand.
    A forelock has a thin steel wire inside.
    [IMG]
    a portrait - this is still in process on that time
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. DrLutz Member

Israel
    The next day come
    There was much sculpting and less scratcting. I built (in the order of apperance) right shoe. Then right and left legs and then a dress.
    You can see difference of colours in differtnt details. There were different clays/ A yellowish one I used from the very beginning is Quick-Wood. Legs and dress I sculpted using Sculpey and Super Sculpey mixing them in different proportions. If I need a smooth part I mix more Super Sculpey and less Sculpey. When I make something soft like cloth I mix more Sculpey and less Super Sculpey. For a fur I take a quarter of Super Sculpey and three quarters of Sculpey.
    [IMG]
  4. DrLutz Member

Israel
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Next day or two.
    The only comment - the black clay. This is another one epoxy putty. I don't like it too much but here I used it for the first time. The reason was - a smoothness of this putty and more smootheness after sandpapering and polishing.
  5. DrLutz Member

Israel
    One more day, some new details and finished model at last
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. JP PRAJOUX Member

This a very interesting figure, very well done. Thanks very much for sharing.
    Bye
    Jean-Philippe
  7. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Wonderful work Vlad......enjoy seeing the process