u.s. tanker, winter 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

When Taesung from Alpine offered me to paint the "boxart" for one of the new figures I didn't had to think twice: Alpine figures have always good sculpting, amazing detail and superb casting! There is a bit "timepressure" but that makes it all the more exciting. All is done with acrylics, except the mud which was done with Mig pigments. As soon as this figure is ready, I'll post some more pics.

All comments, critism, etc is more then welcome.

Best wishes,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,
    quick question...why have you started the mud before the painting is done? Are you going to paint it before its all done? I know I get the "can't wait till its done" syndrome and I sometimes get ahead of myself, but I was just curious. Crazy as it may sound, I like the addition of the wedding band. I think its the small things that make the difference!

Be sure to show him off when your done!

Jay H.
    OKC
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Brother once again ur figures ahave a lot of character. I like this one a lot. i ll be waiting for thefinished thing. Looks a pretty cool figure !!! Bravooooooooooo
  4. robbyk9 Active Member

Hi Gino

This figure is beatiful painted. I like the naturel of the colours. I hope you stay with the acrylics because I like your style alot with this medium.

Greetings Dick
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

As this figure will soon be released I thought it was appropiate to post some pics of the finnished boxart figure. The figure is in resin, true 1/35th scale and painted completely in acrylics. As with all Alpine figures, this one comes with two different heads.

I would like to hear what you think of it?

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    You did a wonderfull job Gino.
    Why haven't i seen it thuesday evening??
    I really like to see it in life.

marc
  7. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Marc,

I have brought to a meeting in december. Haven't you seen it then?Rememberme to bring it next time.

Greetz,

Gino
  8. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Looks good Gino, you did a good job, I like it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  9. yeo_64 Active Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Gino !! WELL DONE !!!!
    Kenneth.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    hey Gino,

No i didn't saw it then. But i really would like to see it the next meeting.

Marc