1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

U.S.Ranger - details

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by slaj, Apr 30, 2004.

1. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Here are a few shots of some details.Please keep in mind that these are in 1/35.

Stephen Mallia

Attached Files:

2. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    another one

Attached Files:

3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    rear of pants

Attached Files:

4. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    canteen detail

Attached Files:

5. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    canteen from side

Attached Files:

6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looking real GOOD,Stephen (y) (y) !! Thanks for posting and keep up the excellent work ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Looking good Stephen! Just put down the beginning of my GI.......just what I needed!

8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Kenneth.I will post a few more shots in a more advanced state soon.

Stephen Mallia
  9. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    You're welcome Rob :lol:

Stephen Mallia
  10. Pete_H New Member

Stephen,
    Looking VERY good!!! Don't forget that the web belt had grommets (3 in a vertical row) spaced out approximately 4-6 inches between each column of them. From what I can see from the leggings, they look really good. Any chance you could post a close-up of it?

Cheers!
  11. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Stephen, great detail work,very well done.

Roc. :)
  12. Pete_H New Member

WHOA! I just noticed something on the trousers - the cargo pockets. Almost everybody who landed in the first waves at Omaha and Utah beaches were issued HBT trousers (impregnated against chemical weapons), and these had cargo pockets on the thighs - M42 OD trousers did not. Very nice attention to detail there, Stephen ;)
  13. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Thanks Pete.I actually left the grommets till last , after all the pockets and other detail was added.That way I ad them only where needed.

Roc , my thanks go to you too.Very appreciated

Stephen Mallia
  14. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I'd like to see a picture of the full figure. It looks really good with terrific detail. I don't think the cartridge belt has the rows of three grommets. It has a grommet between each individual pouch. Check this out. [IMG]
  15. Pete_H New Member

You're right, but I was talking about the generic web belt. BTW, nice picture. Where did you get it?
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Ebay. Steven Brown turned me on to ebay as research tool. The pictures there are very useful, but of course should be backed up by other sources.
  17. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    John , I will post more pics as I progress.Soon I will begin work on the arms. Regarding the grommets I think you are both right.my references show both variations.But on the other hand I'm no expert in this field and I rely very much on what I can gather and your feedback.

Stephen Mallia