1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed U.S.marine,machine gunner (Vietnam)

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by Menelay, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Hello friends!
    I represent you one of last works., U.S. marine, machine gunner (Vietnam) Scale 1:35. In the complete set there will be a machine-gun tape which will put on on a torso.
    Best regards, Sergey!
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      146 KB
      Views:
  2. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Animal mother !!! Love it
  3. marios1 Active Member

Fantastic Sergey, i hope that you ll realize a group of us marines in vietnam as you realized for modern us special force in Iraq.......ISNT IT?

By the way, this figure will have same friends with it in the kit?
    Waiting your answer, i say you good bye and many congratulation, your figures are every day better...and i have a big number of them.....!!!!!

Bye
    Mario from Italy.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb likeness.
    Carl.
  5. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Many thanks friends!
  6. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Great sculpt and subject !

Very nice

Carl
  7. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Very nice. The only thing I would change is the way the machine guns sits on the shoulder. As is its resting on the rear sight assembly/carrying handle and would be very wobbly, especially with a belt of ammo hanging off one side. Since he's not grasping the barrel it has to be balanced, which would be difficult as is. Probably wouldn't be real comfortable either. Flipped over it would be sitting on the flat bottom of the forward hand grip, which is how is often seen being carried.

Cheers
    Jason
  8. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Niiice!! work.
  9. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Thanks friends! I am glad that you liked a figure!
    JasonB: machine gun position, I took from the photo. After the figure will be copied, on it there will be machine-gun tapes. And also I didn't glue on the machine gun one more detail, as this machine gun temporary.
    [IMG]
  10. marios1 Active Member

Hi Sergey, could you say me if this figure will be an alone kit figure or you ll realize one more ,or more us marine in resting poses in this kit or other?
    This is Animal mother of "full metal jackets" film....do you ll realize other us marines of this Film?? Eightball, rafterman, joker, cowboy and so on?

Bye
    Mario from Italy.
  11. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Hi Mario!
    Yes my friend, continuation will be. But at first I will finish two figures "Delta" in Somalia, as now in work some figures of modern American and British soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan.
    Forgive me for my bad English.
  12. marios1 Active Member

Fantastic....2 delta force in Somalia ....i am waiting for them from when you realized your first delta.....fantastic.
    I love so much your future special force in iraq.
    I hope you will go on with your us marines in vietnam at rest....may be same african american marines???? But you follow the "full metal jackets" film portraits?

Congratulation-

Mario from Italy.
  13. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Mario, following marine, will be the afro-american.
  14. marius'mules New Member

United-States
    The face is a very good likeness of Adam Balwin; the actor who played Animal Mother in FMJ.
  15. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    marius'mules Thanks! :)
  16. Maki Active Member

Croatia
    Cool! I'm glad to see more Vietnam subjects from Evolution, but I'm even more excited to hear you are working on new Deltas from Somalia and modern figures from Iraq/Afghanistan... Exciting news!

Can't wait to see more. Great work my friend!

Mario
  17. Ferris A Fixture

Very very nice, once again Sergey.

Adrian
  18. nomad New Member

Hungary
    You have really cought the atmosphere of this caracter from the movie!
    Congratulations.
  19. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    My only problem with the figure is the weight of the M-60 Machine Gan, the gun is very heavy and the weight of the gun should be depicted and his right shoulder should be slumped somewhat.
    Other than that, nice work on Animal Mutha.
    Chris
  20. Menelay A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    All many thanks!
    Chris: Thanks! The machine gun is established temporarily. But when the figure will be drawn will be normal. Will be as on a photo which I have presented on 1 page.