1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

U.S.M.C. Private, Pacific 1945

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by gforceman, Oct 21, 2003.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Included I post some pictures of this figure I'm painting. It's a 65mm white metal casting by the Spanish firm Corso. It's painted completely with acrylics. All that needs to be finished are his boots, rifle, watch and groundwork.

Please let me know what you think of it so far.

Best wishes,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Richard E New Member

Gino

Looks great, I've seen a couple of these Corso figures in the press but they are a new company (to me), what are they like from the box ?

Richard
  3. simon1969 New Member

United-Kingdom
    You must have been very busy with other things lately Gino!
    It seems like ages since I saw your first post on WW2MM when you'd just done the face!! Wasn't this the first time you used acrylics for flesh?
    Looking good mate, just wish you'd hurry up & finish it ;) ;) ;) (y)

Simon
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    very nice! great work on the eyes (y)
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Richard,

Corso is almost one year old, that's why they are releasing the Napoleon. Quality is like all other white metal kits coming from Spain: excellent. You can compare them with Andrea, Elite and Pegaso.

Hi Simon,

Yes I have been doing some other work. i had some comission work I had to finish and write a couple of article for magazines. Since that is my only source of income I need to do that first. This figure is not on comission but I will be selling it once finished. If someone is intrested that is.

It was indeed the first flesh painted with acrylics. this just proves how easy it is to work with acrylics! I have been painting with oils for about three years and never got the result I have now. i'm working on it, so I hope to have it ready by the end of next week. I will post pictures of it when done.

Hi Gordy,

Thanks for the nice comment. I feel the eyes are about the most important part of the figure, so I spend a lot of time "getting them right". Sometimes I need to redo them for about 7 or 8 times; and then I'm not completely happy with them.

Best wishes,

Gino