1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

U-Boat Commander

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by xavier ruiz, Sep 26, 2005.

1. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello Friends

after the pilot we change of half and we spend from the sky to the depths, with a submarine commandant during the second world war (keeping great resemblance with the main character of the movie Das-Boot) the bust is of Andrea miniatures and its scale 1/10.
    It is composed of four pieces the bust with the head, the cap these elements in resin and the binoculars and the iron cross in lead.

[IMG]

beginning the painting with the eyes of blue color.
    The painting of the iris you begins with the color but dark that is blue green 808 with enough quantity of black but brown chocolate, to this base are added but green blue, then green blue (pure) and two or three ascents adding clear meat, he/she puts on makeup the retina and the point of shine with clear meat.

[IMG]

Xavier
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xavier

You did lifelike eyes. (y) (y)

Marc
  3. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello Friends.

Thank you Marc

Continuing with the color of the skin in their layer bases.

English uniform 921 + brown clear 929 of vallejo to 50% adding some citadel red blood, later leaves adding tan meat of citadel until finding the wanted skin tone, one can also add a tiny piece of black to put the skin but moraine for the sun, this base doesn't take black.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello Friends

This is what I have finished the face of the bust at the moment, I wait your comments

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Xavier, Very Nice face. Too bad you did not show the steps after basecoating the face.~Gary
  6. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    This one is looking very very well, great face, I want this one for xmas, great sculpt and you are doing justice with the brush...
  7. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Thank you Garyjd and ernest

Garyjd but that bad a little rebellious ;) , I put some pictures of the intermediate processes.

xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Flesh tones look great Xavier.........I look forward to your next step
  9. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Good we Return to the load with but pictures.
    You had applied the color bases of the hair with brown chocolate and black, a laundry is applied with black and very not very brown for the s areas but deep and the first lights are applied adding brown chocolate first and later brown clear.
    also you had altered some point of light and shades but deep.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very good Xavier.
    Lifelike face, and again those eye's, Super.

Marc
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Xavier !! Looking forward to the next step in the project. Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  12. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello friends

Thank you marc and yeo

Some advances but, some lights but in the hair the black part of the alone cap as base the same as the navy blue jacket.

The shirt of civil origin, takes a base of sand Iraqi and brown cover you grate them red it is red dark 946, adding him the color sand in the parts but clear in the crossings it is red dark the small ones grate blues they are blue gray 943.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  13. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello friends

after several intents with the blue color and some shine, this it is the layer it bases prussian blue, black and a little bit sunny skintone is added flat base tamiya x21 to eliminate the shine of the blue.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    WOW, I haven't seen the bust painted badly by anyone. Maybe I need to get my hands on one. Very nice job BTW Xavier. It's turning out really well ;) (y).

Jim Patrick
  15. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Wow is right. Can't say enough about the work so far. Keep going! :lol:

Keith
  16. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Very nice fleshtones, Xavier!
    I think this will turn out great, and I would love to see the rest.
    Love it!

Eddy.
  17. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    ello Friends

Thank you jim, keith and eddy

some advances but of the bust, I hope you like.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xavier,

If you finished this bust at the high standard where you painting it in now, this is gonna be awesome.

Marc
  19. xavier ruiz New Member

Spain
    Hello Friends

Thank you Marc

because this it is the finished bust and I point of leaving for Girona the weekend.

Thanks to all for your comments and support.

Xavier

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Xavier.............best of luck at Girona.