1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tyrolean Standschutze

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Jul 9, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Everyone :lol: ! My next scratch-built figure is a 54mm Austro-Hungarian Tyrolean Standschutze. I got the idea from the Osprey Man-At-Arms book on the Austro-Hungarian forces of WW 1. Let me know what you guys think of it,won't you ? Thanks and cheers !
    Kenneth :)

[IMG]

[IMG]

A close-up of the face
    [IMG]
  2. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, A markedly better on this latest one. Your anatomy looks pretty good, and the clothing is not too puffy.

A couple of things to work on next time; Thinner putty for things like pocket flaps, and check the direction of folds, Cleaning up the edges of the clothing would help too. The Hogarth book on wrinkles and drapery is a terrific reference for this.
  3. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Kenneth , John was actually reading my mind in the previous post. Not much I could add except keep up the good work

Stephen Mallia
  4. Pete_H New Member

SUPERB JOB!!! (y) (y) (y) Shows promise.
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

I agree that this is better then before.

How do you apply the putty on the figure? If you are not doing it this way I would suggest you try it. Apply the putty with like a tooth pick or something, making sure it is evenly covered and not too thick. Then take a wet finger and smooth it out until it is smooth as a babys butt. If the areas are too small, use a wet brush with soft bristles, and once the work area is neat, clean and smooth start working in the folds.

I would suggest taking a kit 54mm figure (or pictures and really study them) , and really study the folds, you will find the folds to be more sharp and not so rounded off. To do this use an X-Acto knife or something similar, push the putty with the edge so the folds are sharper and more defined then you can smooth it out with a wet brush. I think that would help you tremendously.

Keep working on it, you are going in the right direction.
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Kenneth, my dear friend, you are very creative,nice work. (y)

Keep up the good work and happy sculpting. ;)

Cheers.
    Roc. :)
  7. medieval2000 New Member

Hi Kenneth,

Very nice! i must say for a moment i thought you were doing Castro!!!

Keep us posted of the end result.

Cheers
    Basil
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    John,thank you very,very much for the encouragement,I really appreciate it :lol: ! I'll definitely keep your points in mind on my next sculpt ! Thanks and cheers !
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Stephen,thanks for the positive comments ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Pete,thank you very much :lol: :lol: !! Cheers.
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Anders,thank you very much for the sculpting tips and the encouragement;I really appreciate them (y) :lol: ! I've always wondered how you guys got those fantastic folds on your sculpts;now I know ! Cheers.
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Roc,my friend,thanks for the positive comments :lol: ! Cheers.
    Kenneth ;)
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Basil,my friend,thanks for the positive comments (y) :lol: ! Come to think of it,he does look abit like Castro,doesn't he ;) ? Do drop me a line sometime when you're free. Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  14. y_wong New Member

Hello Kenneth,

You are definitely improving and at the rate you are working, I will get to see it in the flesh in our next monthly meeting.

regards :)
  15. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks,Wong Yau;I'll definitely make that happen,my friend (y) :lol: ! Cheers.