1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Two Romans.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Dec 19, 2011.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Finally i finished these two guys. Because i repainted the shield three times and i wasn't satisfied with it, I decided to sculpt a leather cover.
    The Aquilifer is a Soldiers figure and the Roman Soldier is from Pegaso. Both are from the 2 AD., so they fit well together.
    Let me here what you think about them, and forgive the lausy pictures. As usual everything is painted with oils, printers inkt with a acrylic underlayer.
    romeinen 009 (Medium).jpg romeinen 002 (Medium).jpg romeinen 003 (Medium) (2).jpg romeinen 004 (Medium) (2).jpg
    romeinen 005 (Medium) (2).jpg romeinen 006 (Medium) (2).jpg romeinen 007 (Medium) (2).jpg romeinen 008 (Medium) (2).jpg

Attached Files:

TonyT, DaveG, Reddo and 5 others like this.
  2. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Marc,

These two are for me the best ones you've painted so far.
    And I've seen a lot of your work :--))

Enjoy !;)(y)
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice Romans!
    Great work on the cloack.(y)
  4. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Well done Marc.(y)
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Marc

What scale are these, I am thinking 54mm so perhaps the blow ups don't do them justice.
    Can I make a couple of suggestions .
    First I think it is important to look very closely to what we spend our hard errand cash on re models, these two look a little stayed to me and stiff, it really makes a difference when you choose well sculpted and cast figures
    and it enhances the painting as well, and generally brings out the best from the modeler, sometimes I ponder a long time over a purchase looking for faults
    anatomically and in casting , but still doesn't stop me from picking the odd dog so to speak. Marc this is not a criticism of your work but hopefully an aid to choosing quality stuff.

Ron
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Pedro, Rob and Mike,
    Thanks for the very nice comments.

Marc
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Ron,
    The scale is indeed 54 mm. I totally disagree about your point of vieuw about the figures. Maybe the Pegaso is indeed a little stiff in his presence but I liked the figure then. The Soldiers figure has got alot of positive critism about his sculpting and accuray. So who am I to tell that isn't so. Soldiers is maybe one of the best manufactures from Romans. This one is sculpted by A. Laruccia, maybe the best for Romans.
    So, I don't know with figure you don't like and it is your good right to have a opinion about it. I can accept it. Is Pegaso not one of the best casters?????
    And now for the painting.o_O
  8. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Tidy job Marc. I like the figures and the way you're painted them.

- Steve
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Sorry Marc
    I forgot the painting, it is nice especially the cloaks.
    Re the figures the shots are very close maybe a little further back will give a sense of the whole piece perhaps showing the entire base work as well,
    don't know the other manufacturer but Pegaso do do nice stuff and not cheap :rolleyes: (y)
  10. meizi Active Member

China
    Well done Marc. The both look very great. Love the red cloak a lot!(y)
  11. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nicely done Marc. They both look like they are on campaign exactly as they should rather than a fashion parade.
    Cheers
    Derek
  12. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    well done sir, that soldiers figure has long been on my list to purchase. i'm not sold on the leather shield but I love doing freehand so that is just me.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks for taken the time and commenting guys. Most apreciate.

Mike: I'm also not a lover of the shieldcover but i had to do something. Painting it 3 times without satisfaction result is giving you a boring times. So i decide to quit that pattern on the shield.

Marc
    Meehan34 likes this.
  14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nice work Marc. there is a lot of detail there for 54mm. I especially like the cloaks.
  15. magicmerts Member

Netherlands
    Hi Marc,
    Very nicely done.

En verder bepaal je zelf of je een figuur mooi en of geld waard vindt en niet iemand anders!
    We zijn gelukkig niet allemaal fan van dezelfde figuren... niets mis mee! :sneaky:

Ga zo door!
    Erg mooi. (y)
    Gr. Peter
  16. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nice little vignette Marc.Love the weathered look.
    Brian
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    John, Peter thanks alot.

Brian
    Thank you so much.
    For a painter who's work I admire, it is a bonus that you find it good enough.

Marc
  18. REVENGE Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Mooi werk Marc het verbetert enorm het laatste jaar hou uw penselen nat

fijne feestdagen ronny:lol:
  19. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Marc, nice work. As you said this two figures work very well together, you´ve constructed a very credible winter scene in the border of the empire. I think your painting level is really high, I didn´t expect that you would surrender with the shield.:mad:
    Anyway, you´ve adopted a vereran solution and is not bad.

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Ronny dank je.

Ook prettige dagen voor jou en de famillie.

Marc