1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Two new releases from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommy's War, Mar 24, 2011.

1. carl reid A Fixture

England
    Great pieces! A subject I personally love!!!

I hope it's a great success Darren!
    I llok forward tothe next installment!

Carl
  2. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely superb figures. I have only one minor gripe: my eyesight isn't what it was and if possible some figures in a slightly larger scale (90mm) would be wonderful.

Good luck with your new venture,

Mike
  3. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That's a fair point Mike, and as a spectacles wearer myself I empathise!

The range is designed at 54mm so that I can provide some additional ideas that interact, so the figures aren't stand-alone - you'll see this as the range expands.

But its a great point and worth some consideration.

I have to say that the Gordon Highlander bust that Stormtroopers recently released really backs-up what I'm doing and is evidence that there is a desire in the market.

Its interesting looking at the orders placed today, most orders are for one of the pair, but the split is exactly 50/50. It shows that variety in poses is critical for modellers!
  4. RossM Active Member

Australia
    I would have bought both but the student finances won't stretch at the moment but come FigureWorld in June I will buy a few more. I like the idea of accessories and bits. Will work very well.

Ross
  5. Robert Jan de Wit PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    I just ordered the figure firing his gun.
    Do you have any information on the bits and accessoires you are planning to release?

all the best,
    RJ
  6. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    Absolutely fantastic start! I'll be ordering the pair for sure!

What are the odds of Ross rifles/conversion bits to do the little bit of work turning them in good ol' Canucks?
  7. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    Just ordered one of the figs. Been waiting a long time for figures from the 1914 period. What others will you be releasing?

Also, was the British uniform that green color? I always thought I was more on the brownish side?
    Ed
  8. fmargem Active Member

Brazil
    I've read the briefing on your site and I already know the answer for this question. . . don't you think of releasing 120 mm figures? If they could be sculpted as well as your first two releases. . . I'd be apoor man indeed!
  9. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Just to answer a few points.

Robert - thanks for your order, plans for extras are early so I can't say yet, I can say that additional heads are certainly something I want to do. I have plans for one 'extra' set, but I think its something special so don't want to reveal too much too soon!

Alex - great idea on the rifles, I will look in to that. I will say that I've left a clue by saying the range is Britain and the Empire and with the incredible effort that our Canadian brothers made during the period its a definite that the Canadians will soon be making an appearance! I think the role of the Empire (with perhaps the exception of the Australians) has been overlooked, and is something I would like to put right.

Eas6644 - I can say that the next two figures are TW54003 Bombadier, Royal Horse Artillery, Mons 1914, TW54004 Captain, Royal Fusiliers, Mons 1914. Personally, I like the RHA figure, its full of character, but other people have told me that the Captain is the best one of the four so far! You are correct with the colour, I think its the lighting and colour balance, but I would always advise checking colour references and I've got plenty of sites with colour images of uniforms if anyone wants them.

fmargem - I've no plans for 120mm at the moment, but the brief is for the 1914-18 period and I'm open to consideration of any size and format of the figures in support of the range.

I'm happy to answer any questions as best I can, keep asking away!

Darren
  10. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi, 2 excelent figures with great pose. Both will be a market sucess... I hope?
  11. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren,
    Great figures - they really capture the feel of that era. Can already see all sorts of vignette options if the range grows. That pricing is really attractive too - its got me thinking anyhow. Any chance of more images for future releases?
    cheers
    Mat
  12. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mat

Thanks for your comments, I'm glad that you feel that the capture the time, thats exactly what I was trying to do.

I have got some shots of the next two masters, I will upload them on this site over the weekend.

Kind regards

Darren
  13. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    Outsatanding figures !!!!
    Finally somebody decides to put on the market
    a exceptional collection of WWI figures !!!!
    Now, an important question for me: Are this figures on the "action poses" line
    or static ones ??? I´m planning some vignettes and I need a lot of soldiers both
    "action" and "static" poses. Thanks in advance Darren, and congratulations again.

Best regrads from Spain.
    Josito.
  14. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Josito

Like all British people I know Spain well, many good holidays :cool:

I'm planning a mix of static and action poses, the next two figures are of the RHA bombadier static and the Fusiliers Captain charging.

They are that way as I envisage the bombadier posed with his 13 pounder and want to add additional charging figures for use with the Captain for viginettes
    Hope that helps

Darren
  15. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    THAT´S RIGHT my friend !!!! (y)

I´m just finishing an 1/32 "Scratchbuilt" Austin "Twin-Turreted" vehicle
    for a small diorama (vignette) and my original idea was to put one or two figures firing behind it ( one standing and
    the other kneelling) and the officer running away..........OOOHHHH !!! I can´t wait your news ...... :)
  16. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Did you parcel make it to you on time?
    Chris
  17. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes thanks Chris (y)

It did go in to customs, but I collected it this morning. Thanks for that!
  18. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nice-looking figures from a much-neglected (by manufacturers) era. I'll be signing up for a pair, and look forward to seeing what else you have in store down the line. Best of luck!

- Steve
  19. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes indeed..Great sculpts and very fair price point....
    Finally a few Tommies.....instead of galactic legions of Romans and Germans..
    housecarl likes this.
  20. eas6644 Active Member

United-States
    Will you be doing any French, German or Russian figs from that period?