1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Two new releases from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Tommy's War, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    OK guys, time for the teasing to end, I'm pleased to announce the launch of Tommy's War with two releases based on the British Expeditionary Force of 1914 as they would have appeared at the Belgian town of Mons on August 23rd 1914.

The figures are 54mm (1/32 scale) and cast in resin.

The range kicks off with TW54001, Private, 4th Battalion Middlesex Regiment:

[IMG]

The second figure in the range is TW54002, Private, 1st Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment 1914:

[IMG]

I have to pay tribute to the sculptor, Nino Pizzichemi, who has taken my brief and produced great figures, and also to Gunther Sternberg who has provided the boxart and done a fantastic job.

The next two figures in the range are due May 2011 and continue the range in spectacular style.

You can find out more, see more images and get more information at:

www.tommyswar.com

user6325_pic3294_1300965138.jpg

And the figures are available to buy at £9.95 each at:

www.fireflymodels.co.uk

I really hope you guys like them!

Many thanks

Darren
  2. stu A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Darren,

Great start with what are 2 lovely figures.

All the best with these and your future products.

Welcome to manufacturedooooooom !!!!!!

Enjoy its great fun

Stuart
  3. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    HOW REFRESHING! Best of luck, and I hope to get my hands on some of these!
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Well worth the wait Darren.
    See you on Sunday,
    Carl.
  5. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Darren very nice. A much negleted period. I have some of the figures that Nino Pizzichemi has sculpted for La Meridiana Miniatures and I think you have picked a very talented sculptor for your range.

Ross
  6. AJLaFleche Well-Known Member

Couple of great looking figures and the price point looks pretty good, too.
  7. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Agreed! Excellent pieces, great subjects (y)
  8. Joseph Brubaker New Member

United-States
    Sweet,those are both fantasic pieces will deffinitly give them a go,thanks for posting...............Joseph
  9. Panzer Active Member

United-States
    Darren
    Nice looking figures! good luck with the new venture.
    Chris
  10. dinovision79 Active Member

Great figures, both the sculpting and painting is top notch!

Good luck!
    Denes
  11. Edward A Fixture

England
    These look great. I've been looking around for British soldiers from WW1. Just ordered the Middlesex Regt figure.

Edward
  12. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks everyone for your comments.

Its been agony waiting to get everything together before releasing the images as the success of the range depends on you guys, the modellers, liking them.

I'm pleased to say that the orders have started coming in and I've only had positive feedback so far.

Thanks again

Darren
  13. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Darren if I am honest these are the first figures released this year that have made me go 'I want'. Yes they are simple but they are the sort of thing I want. My modelling is driven by my historical interests, though quality of sculpting and casting always play a part in the decision, and these fit the bill nicely. I look forward to seeing the range develop.

EDIT: Took the plunge and bought the Middlesex figure. My first buy of the year!

Ross
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Two great looking figures Darren, I am sure these are going to prove popular, looking forward to seeing them in the flesh on Sunday, all the best with them mate,

Steve
  15. Edward A Fixture

England
    Here's an idea - would be great to see figures of some of the war poets, maybe Wilfred Owen or Siegfried Sassoon. Can't think of any of the poets having been represented in miniature..
  16. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Can't wait until May now.
  17. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Oh dear, my era, not quite my scale but I am willing to downsize, quite superb and look forward to the forthcoming range. Cracking first two. I look forward to funding your future venture!:D
    housecarl likes this.
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Darren, looking forward to taking a closer look at these on Sunday and good luck with the range.

Cheers Ken
  19. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Sign me up! These are fantastic looking figures from a rather poorly represented (IMO) period of history. I am definately going to put in an order for these, and will eagerly await whatever new releases in the future.
  20. Tommy's War Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks again guys, and look forward to seeing you Sunday Ken.

Edward, a great idea on the poets, certainly thats an integral part of the story of the First World War as the poets expressed the reality of life in the trenches to the British public.

Certainly worth some consideration!