1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Two mine WIP

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by secutor, Dec 11, 2009.

1. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Two mine WIP

Bustuarius (Etruscan gladiator), 5-4th Cent. b.C. figure on funerary urn from Perugia (DICTIONNAIRE DES ANTIQUITES ROMAINES ET GRECQUES - Daremberg et Saglio 1877)
    Lanciarius, Legio II Parthica, 3rd Cent. b.C. funerary gravestone (stela) of Aurelius Mucianus from Apamea (Syria)

Attached Files:

gordy likes this.
  2. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Very beautiful wips.. very interesting for the period. Are they scrathbuilt ?

cheers

stefano
  3. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Hi Stefano, thanks for your words!
    the first figure is of the theme of the gladiators - dear to me - and the subject is the modification of an old Apache Amati; sarcophagus, brazier, garden etc.. are scrathbuilt.
    Only the figure in painted.
    the second figure, except the head - Preiser - is a scrathbuilt.
    All my pieces are 75mm
    "Tal Robert"
  4. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice original pieces!

Do you have a means photograph them with a contrasting coloured background like a navy or muted blue grey? (the sandy background makes it harder to see)
  5. secutor Active Member

Italy
    it's true, you're right! Tuesday I post all (this and other thread) with navy background!
    thanks!
  6. blaster A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Robert,

Another two very exciting pieces, especially the painted mural on the dais. I enjoy your base presentations which are very neat and precise. I hope to see these pieces finished and in more detail.

Rgds Victor
  7. secutor Active Member

Italy
    Dear Victor apologize again for the photos, which soon will refer, I explain that the "background" is not a painting but a carved sarcophagus.
    Thanks for compliments

Attached Files:

8. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Buon lavoro Roberto! (y)(y)(y)