After being inspired by John Long's seminar at the Atlanta show (see review at AMFS web page), I decided to do a vignette based on this picture from the book Uniformes of The French Revolutionary Wars by Philip Haythornwaite. I am going to build the figures out of Historex parts. I started by using a couple of junk figures to size the base. Using John Long's suggestion, I used green floral foam to rough out the groundwork. It is a little messy, but carves well. I have selected the Historex pieces and wired them together. I used 22 guage craft wire as it bends easy to get the figures into the correct pose. I had to cut off most of the molded detail because these two guys will be in ragtag uniforms, not the parade dress the original pieces show. They are pretty sad looking fellows right now. I wll try to help them out with some putty as soon as a busy life gives me time to work on them.