1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Two French Soldiers, August, 1914

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Old Man, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Old Man Member

United-States
    These are from the ICM 1/35 set. I have been working on them a good while, and only finished them a few weeks ago. A lot of tweaking was required on the great-coats' skirts, and the cuffs were opened. These are my second go at figures as an adult; I mostly do old aeroplanes.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Rich Sculpts, Grod and Mike Stevens like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    For your second one, it seems really good.
    Maybe some more shading and highlighting in your next project.
    And try to avoid pure white on the eyeball. A lighter color of the skintone looks beter.

Marc
    Oda, Mike Stevens and winfield like this.
  3. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I agree with Mark, for your second painting effort, it really good.
    Oda likes this.
  4. Old Man Member

United-States
    Thanks for the encouragement, guys. Figures are a fit that comes over me every once in a while. These were meant to be practice for a couple of 54mm white metal Napoleonics I got at the same time. I like to think I have learned a bit from them. I think I am going to have to learn a bit, too, about photographing them. These were in indoor sunlight with some tissue over the flash for a diffuser, and when I look at the figures by the pictures, the pictures seem to have lost some of the contrasts.

I wound up doing some last minute retouching on the eyes after I had attached the hats, and for that I did use white out of a tube, applied with a sharpened toothpick (I was at the last not quite satisfied with the centering of the iris/pupil). I could at least count it not to go anywhere I had not put it. I did apply a tiny dab of buff wash to the eyes afterwards, but I guess it wasn't enough.