1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Twisty 1/6 Bust

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by MrWard, Jun 21, 2016.

1. MrWard New Member

Thought I'd post my latest project. Bust of John Carroll Lynch a.k.a Twisty the Clown from american Horror Story. I really wanted to get the face right so I sculpted the mouth and jaw. I'll remove them later and give him the damaged face under the mask.
    twisty02.jpg twisty 01.jpg

Twisty_ref.jpg
  2. rocketpiggames New Member

United-States
    OHMY GOSH! I can't believe the talent you have :) That is a skill I would kill for.
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. MrWard New Member

Thanks RPG!

Here's an update on the bust.

Attached Files:

gforceman, anstontyke and samson like this.
  4. MrWard New Member

I'm not completely satisfied with the mask tho so I'll probably re-do it. Next will be the dried flower. Not quite sure how I'll attack that tho.
    anstontyke and garyhiggins like this.
  5. MrWard New Member

First casting, not too bad. I lost an earlobe and a few bubbles in the back. I mixed purple pigment into the resin to help seeing details and and also help in painting flesh tones. I see that I need to mix my pigments a little better tho.

Attached Files:

gforceman, anstontyke and garyhiggins like this.
  6. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi MrWard?, that is a very nice sculpt,, I particularly like the beautifully rendered drapery. Where are you from ?
    Best wishes, Gart.
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. MrWard New Member

Thanks Gary. I'm glad you like my sculpt. I'm in Sweden.
    garyhiggins likes this.