1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tutorial: Building a sweet Mordheim Gaming Base

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Sep 19, 2022.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hey Jungle,

a quick step by step on how I will build my gaming bases for a small Mordheim Dwarf Adventurer gang.

Mordheim?
    Well, there will be much more coming about this topic - not only from my end, but also from MV-Team Members Johannes and Josua. Wait for it! Soon!

Nothing too fency, but therefor, easy to follow and a home for this Slayer Dwarf:

[IMG]

More gaming bases:

Never fear your gaming bases
    Fear is not needed when you do quick gaming bases.

Easy guide on how you can build up a mortheim gaming base.

Creating a Fantasy Gaming Base
    Roman explains his progress on a small but complex gaming base.

Using products by Secret Weapon and Mother Earth.
    SciFi Gaming Base, Trench
    Roman building up a trench base for WH40k.

Allright,
    very important for me when it comes to the creation of a base is my vision for the miniature(s). In this case I see my dwarf adventures going into a muddy, overgrown, swamplike, abandoned dead city.

I choose to work with stone plates on the ground by the
    company Juweela that you can find via PK-Pro.

[IMG]

A traditionaal Mordheim sized plastic base was used and superglue was added. I did not follow the lines of the base and set my plates up in a diagonal layout to keep the base more interesting. I am up to glue some stairs with the plates and decided for the front part to become mud later on when painting. A skull was plaaced there.

[IMG]

Right now the plates are overlapping. In the end I do not want to keep that, but I let the glue dry out properly before going havoc. I started to add the first start of micro details with smaller stone pieces.

[IMG]

[IMG]

A third row was added and you can already see how I play with damaage on the stones. Right now it is important for me to check back with the miniature I want to add and place on the base. Make sure it has a good standing ground.

[IMG]

When the glue is dry I flip it over and take my callipers to break of the overlapping edges.

[IMG]

I also created more damage to the stairs with using my callipers.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I was able to create some really interesting and realistic looking damage.

[IMG]

Placing the dwarf slayer.
    [IMG]

Happy.
    [IMG]

Ready for some color.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Enjoy!

Keep on happy painting!
    Roman