1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Turkish Janissary

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Guy, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Approaching the finish line with the Janissary I have painted the head feather and the arms and attached. I am now working on the bow, quiver and arrows and will do the groundwork this afternoon.

all comments welcome

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I have done the basic groundwork deciding to leave the Janissary on the kit rock and add to this. I have taken an assortment of different size stones and added small sand in the end step. This will dry and be painted.

Assortment of different size stones.

[IMG]

Groundwork poured with plaster and assorted stones and sand.

[IMG]

All comments are welcomed and encouraged
  3. Alex M. Active Member

Canada
    That ground work looks like it's going to really look good!

i'm interested to see how you paint the large rock..always a point of trouble for me...

-Alex
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Alex. The rock will be quite simple as you will see. Base coat the rock in dark gray.....give it a black wash along with the earth colored ground and then drybrush with light gray...then drybrush again with white. I will take pics of how I do the groundwork. Quite simple really.
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy, the groundwork is looking good.

Keep up the good work.

Roc :)
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Roc............appreciate the vote of confidence. Whar have you decided about with your Janissary and the groundwork?
  7. Le Lancier Member

Canada
    Hihihi, hey Rocco, are you feeling the pessure, whose Jenissary is gonna look the best... ;) Well seriously, I'm not going to wage any money on that. Guy and Rocco are both ecxellent painters and I am, for all intensive purposes, an admirer. So there... Guy, I am taking notes and salivating. And I certainly do not want to be a pain, but I still think you need a new digital camera. Needless to say, I have a feeling you already know that. But hey, no offense, I'm just saying that, y'know? :) I sugest this baby:http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/konicaminoltaz2/

Yeah, I know, thats the one I purchased. So perhaps I'm biased. Yet, it's relatively cheap, considering what you can do with it. And by the same token, we could now enjoy the true value of your work. ;) That is, until we can finally meet, (perhaps one day). And then, I can admire with my own eyes what you do. (Perhaps Boston).

Alright, enough chatter.Looking forward to the completed project...

Regards,
    Francis