1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Tulsa Show Newcomer

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Paul Marshall, May 17, 2004.

1. Paul Marshall Member

This will be my first trip to the Tulsa show. I've met many of you before and of course i've been envious of the figure painting skills of all of you. Be warned, i plan to be a real nuisance, asking all the questions you've all heard many times before. Hopefully I'll be leaving with an entirely new approach to figure painting and maybe will have something ready for Mastercon and the Chicago show. I plan to arrive early friday afternoon and need directions to the hotel and then from there to The Hussar. I'll be coming in from Joplin on I-44. So can anyone tell me how to get to the Sheraton and The Hussar. Thanks. Paul
  2. Brad S Member

Hey Paul,

I will be a new comer too. Maybe we can team up on getting tips. This will be my first almost strickly figure show I ever attended. I am looking forward to it very much. I'm sure everyone will help us with questions. I never met any of the guys before, but everyone seems to be extremely nice and helpful. I will arrive Thursday and spend a little time with my sister then on friday I want to go to The Hussar and the auction. Maybe if we connect somehow, we can go to the Hussar together. Either way, I can''t wait to see and meet everyone.

Model On!!

Brad Spelts
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Paul,

I'm glad you'll be making it to Tulsa. Go to HMSNEO's website and you'll find show information and a discussion board. This will be a good year with Fletcher Clement giving a seminar. Plan on hitting the hospitality suite Friday night where we'll have the auction. See you then.
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Brad,

I look forward to seeing and meeting you at Tulsa. If I don't see you just have someone point me out! :lol:

Joe
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Look forward to meeting you Brad. Just have someone point me out and don't hesitate to walk right over. I will be there Sat morning early.
  6. DangerAtom New Member

This should be easy, but I'm not 100% sure you can take this route because of a stupid thing the highway department did. But this is how it "should" go.
    Take I-44 into Tulsa and exit off I-44 onto Hwy 169 going South. Take Hwy 169 and exit at 41st Street. On 41st Street, go East about a 1/4 mile and the Tulsa Sheradon will be on the South side of the road.
    From the hotel to The Hussar, go back to Hwy 169 and get on going South. Take Hwy 169 and exit at 61st Street. At 61st Street, go West about 3 or 4 miles to Sheridan. The Hussar is in the strip shopping center on the Northeast corner of 61st and Sheridan.
    My not being 100% sure is because you use to be able to get on Hwy 169 going South from I-44 East bound. But since the highway department rebuilt I-44 a couple of years ago, they have since eleminated that exit / on ramp. They may have left the West bound I-44 to Hwy 169 ramp intact. But since I've never needed to use it since the rebuild, I don't know if it's there or not. It's pretty stupid because these are two of the busiest highways in the state that cross each other, and they don't allow you to change your direction of travel without taking city streets to get where you need to go.
    If you can't transfer there, take the next exit, which I believe would be 21st Street. Take 21st Street going East, and you can get on Hwy 169 from there.
  7. Paul Marshall Member

Brad, John, Kevin, et. al., thanks for the info and directions. i look forward to seeing everyone.