1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!
  2. Submissions for October Figure of the Month (FOTM) are now open. Visit the FOTM forum to enter a model or see entries and vote! FOTM October

TSR-2 Walkaround

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by RossM, Sep 10, 2019.

1. RossM Active Member

Australia
    Ok, more a case of some random shots rather than a walkaround per se. Anyway, here are some photos of the BAC TSR-2 at the RAF Museum at Cosford. These shots were taken long before I actually worked for the Museum, but nevertheless, it remains one of those aircraft that whenever I visited the Cosford site, I always took time to have a look at.

The TSR-2 was in many respects an ill-fated aircraft. Sir Syndey Camm is recorded as saying of the TSR-2 that ‘All modern aircraft have four dimensions: span, length, height and politics. TSR-2 simply got the first three right.’ Whatever the merits for its cancellation the TSR-2 remains an impressive looking aircraft.

I originally took some of these pictures as I was building the Airfix 1/48 TSR-2, which much like its full-size namesake remained unfinished. The pictures are of XR220, which is one of two TSR-2 left in existence. The other, though not as complete as the Cosford example, is at the Imperial War Museum at Duxford.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Continue reading...