1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trying my hand at monochromatic.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by ausf, Jan 3, 2017.

1. ausf Active Member

United-States
    Using an old kit, turned on it's side:

The Creature.

I airbrushed three Vallejo colors: Black, German Tanker Black and German Winter Tanker Highlight and a 50/50 mix of the latter two.

After I went back with a brush and started using those shades as well as pure white on the torso and thighs. The light from the photo is straight on from the front, the shadows are painted.

I'm shooting for the refracting light through water as seen on the black and white film.

Not there yet, but I'm still mucking around with it. Any suggestions or critique extremely welcome.

[IMG]
  2. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I once did a Frankenstein monster in black and white. I have an urge to do a Spitfire this way too.

I like what you have done.