1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trumpeter 1/16 Tank Crewman No.4

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by Peter Day, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    101_0403.JPG 101_0404.JPG 101_0405.JPG 101_0406.JPG

This is the fourth and last in Trumpeter's 1/16 Soviet figure series, this time representing a tank crewman. There was no question of using the kit head, which looks exactly like a ventriloquist's dummy, so I went instead for another Reedees head, which, with it's central Asian features, adds a nice twist to the figure. I also changed the left hand so that he could hold the PPsH.

The overalls were painted with mixes of Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform, Camo Black Brown and Off White to hopefully give a faded look. The box art suggests that he's leaning against a vehicle, but not having a 1/16 T34 handy, I've put him leaning against aa post amid some ruins.

s-l640 (1).jpg
  2. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I didn't realise there were so many of these Trumpeter tank crew, nice work as usual Peter, cabinet must be filling up quickly :)
    Cheers
    Steve
  3. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

very nice work and well painted

Mobo
  4. misfit151 A Fixture

Fabulous little collection there Peter.....(y). Mike
  5. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - These four are the only 1/16 figures they ever did, obviously intended to accompany their Soviet armour in that scale. They have their faults, but are good practice pieces if nothing else. A Reedees head can make all the difference as well.

Mobo - Thank you.

Mike - Cheers. I may mount them together at some stage.
    1969 likes this.
  6. Stephen Hutchinson PlanetFigure Supporter

Morning Peter

Looks like a full hand of Russian tankers, well done.

Looks like a 1/16 Russian tank would be well crewed, just need an extension on the display cabinet for a T34 or KV!

Reedee's to the rescue, they really are great heads for all occasions.

Another figure?

Have a good day and hopefully not too hot?

Has the roof been fixed yet?

Regards

Steve H
  7. Merryweather A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely job Peter , excellent choice with the Reedees head.
    can't tempt you with a 1/16 T34 then:nailbiting:?
  8. Peter Day PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Steve - Managed to squeeze this one into the cabinet, but a cull is imminent. A cool day here, though the sun is finally out. Probably another figure, but waiting for the post in order to do a conversion. Roof still leaking.

Neil - Glad you like him. I think my armour days are over I'm afraid, nor can I really justify the expense of a 1/16 tank kit - unfortunately I've got back into a bit of an eBay habit with tribal art as well, to the alarm of my wife.
    Merryweather likes this.