1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Trumpeteer Major 2nd Lancers

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bailey, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    I haven't made a lot of progress on my other projects recently. Either hit roadblocks on them or just lacking the inspiration to paint. So I decided the best option was to start something new and recharge my painting mojo as it were.

I opted for this lovely figure from Pegaso, the 75mm scale Trumpeteer Major of 2nd Lanciers Guard. I always enjoy working on the colorful Napoleonic uniforms and I found the red and white of this one to be very striking.

I've only had a few hours to paint, but I've managed to more or less finish the face. Here's the extreme close up showing the before and after. I'm working with acrylics, blending via layering, and then applying some ink glazes as the end to add color variation (reds, blues, and purples).
    Faces01.jpg
    Manfred, carpo, Mark Dollery and 18 others like this.
  2. Gooner Mike Active Member

I have this piece in my grey army so I will follow this very close ,beautiful start btw
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to more on a colourful subject. I am also lacking get up and go at the moment.
    Oda likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I will follow this closely.
    I also have him in my GA

Marc
  5. JonH Active Member

There's some beautiful detailing there.Great start.
    Jon.
  6. Oda A Fixture

Exceptional transitioning and blending between various facial skin tones.I will follow with interest.

Oda.
    Tonton likes this.
  7. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Also affecting me but still enjoying seeing fellow pF-ers’ work. Any suggestions on how to get my mojo back?

Jeff
    Viking Bob and Oda like this.
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

No Idea Jeff but looking at some of the paint jobs on here, I'll get inspired soon. :unsure:
  9. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks, Bob. If anything, I get put off by the incredible standard of painting here and think, “why bother when I don’t seem to be improving myself?” Fingers crossed, I’ll get some oomph back some time soon.

Jeff
  10. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Beautiful start Dave! I'll chime in with the rest of you. Haven't painted in a while and just can't seem to get in the mood. :(

Cheers,
    Ken
  11. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Great start. One of my favorite Pegaso figures that I painted years ago. I seem to be suffering from the same "disease" as the rest and cannot seem to work up the urge to pick up the brushes.
  12. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff there, I also have him in the GA and have never got around to him. I just might now.