1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Trumpet for 90mm Red Lancer

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by rafaelega, Mar 20, 2004.

1. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Hi all,

I am in process of painting the 90mm Post Militaire Red Lancer. Because I have painted the horse in white color I must paint the lancer as a trumpeter or similar. The main transformation I made was to put the sabre in his right hand. Now I need to get a trumpet that I want to put -probably-hanged on his back. The main problem is that I do not have enough documentation to construct the trumpet by my self. I wish to know if somebody (brands) sell a 90mm accesories kit with this kind of trumpet. Another way is to make it but I do ot know how to construct it. Can anybody tell me (if it is probably "step by step") how to make a 90mm trumpet for a red lancer?

Thanks

Rafa
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Rafa,

The first kit I bought of this figure was the trumpeter kit and the trumpet came with the kit as did the braid / cord that attaches to it. Here are a couple of pics of the trumpeter I did. If you need some better shots of the trumpet itself.....let me know.

[IMG]

[IMG]

guy
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Guy,
    very nice,I like it.

Roc. (y) (y) (y)
  4. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Guy,

Thanks a lot for your "pics". I didn't know there was a trumpeter kit instead the lancer kit that I have. The question is that I haven't the trumnpeter kit. I made the lancer kit and I am transforming the figure in a trumpeter. I will appreciate your help; all the information you can send me about the trumpet will be very usefull, because I think I must sculpt it by my self.

Regards,

Rafa
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    You Welcome Rafa,

I will pull him from the showcase and take some close pics of the trumpet itself. I should have these posted by later today. Glad to be of help.

guy
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Rafa,
    Here are some close-ups of the trumpet from different angles. The final 2 pics are of the complete kit. If you cannot download from this site.....send me your email address and I will email the pics to you.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Let me know if I can help any more.

guy
  7. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rafa,

One thing I was thinking about when doing the bugle/trumpet, would be to take a piece of rod, then cut out a cirle of plasticard, glue the rod in the center of the plastic circle, then apply putty, and once cured you can file and sand it to shape, and drill out the hole in the front. Ive never tried it but it may be worth a shot. As for all the other tubing, maybe the correct sized brass rod could do the trick.
  8. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Rafael,

Why not simply contact Poste Militaire and see if they have the trumpet? They've always been very good with parts.

Lou
  9. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    I want to thanks you all your help.

Thanks to Guy for all the excellent images.

Thanks for the tricks Anders told me.

Also thanks Lou. By the way... Do you know the poste militaire web site or e-mail?

I will be in touch with you and I'll try to share the results. As an example this is the horse (not finished but in process...). I will appreciate your comments.

Best regards,

Rafa

Attached Files:

10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hey Rafa,
    It looks like your white horse is in the same stage as the brown one I am working on...........keep up the great work
  11. Luis R. Active Member

Spain
    Rafa,
    En Red Lancers tienen accesorios de Poste Militaire en 90mm, entre ellos, trompetas de caballería.
  12. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Luis,

Gracias por tu ayuda. Estoy tratando de comprar este objeto en la página que me has dicho (lo he encontrado), pero no me funciona el sistema de compra... Les he puesto un e-mail a ver qué pasa.

Also thanks the Guy comments. I also follow your steps painting the brown horse.

Regards,

Rafa
  13. JohnLea New Member

Nicely done on the shabrache border. What was used?
  14. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    John,

I do not know if you refer to my white horse or GUY horses. The shabrache border was made some time ago, but if I remember well the trick is to simulate the different lights and shadows using yellow colors intead to use the gold color directly. The base color -I think- was desert yellow. You get the lights mixing BEIGE with the base color. In this case I think I used LIGHT BROWN for shadows. The lines were painted using BURNT UMBER or CHOCOLAT color with a great amount of water (very diluted).

Finally I used GOLD color (Vallejo 996) very diluted. I made with the paintbrush lines following the border lines. It is very important to use this gold color (or similar) because this is gold for "threads" instead of metallic gold (used for example in buttons).

I hope you can understand me (because my english languaje is not as well as it must be).

Regards,

Rafa

Attached Files: