Completed Trouble at the Livery...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by DaveG, Apr 6, 2012.

1. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Life's been much too busy to paint enough recently, but I've managed to finish this one after nearly two months of fiddling. This is my take on Andrea's excellent 54 mm Tom Doniphon kit. Borrowed the fence from another kit and all is done with acrylics.

This is one of Steve's excellent bases and now I will be hooked on these as well. :)

Got inspiration for some of the clothing colors here from the Rooster Cogburn movie with Kate Hepburn.

Hope you like him.

Dave- DSCN0779.JPG DSCN0781.JPG DSCN0783.JPG DSCN0786.JPG DSCN0787.JPG
  2. Steve Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Dave. THANK YOU.
  3. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Your painting is improving from your last piece. I think you created a nice scene here.
  4. mikec55 Active Member

United-States
    Good work. I like the groundwork on yours rather than the one that comes with the figure.

I painted this one myself a while back & wish I had a dollar for every time I've had to reglue that chair to the base.
  5. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys.

No Steve, thank you again for introducing me to the world of quality hard-wood bases. (y)

And Mike, don't you just love the pose on this guy? Shame about the loose chair. I'm using mine for another figure I'll be working on eventually.

DG-
  6. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Not crazy about the first set of photos. These are the same images with no editing done. :rolleyes:

DSCN0779.JPG DSCN0781.JPG DSCN0783.JPG DSCN0786.JPG

Attached Files:

John Bowery and Guy like this.
  7. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hi Dave,

Like the figure, great work! He kind of reminds me of Ronald Regan.

Nick
  8. harrytheheid Well-Known Member

China
    Excellent piece of work Dave. I really like the leather chaps - err, if you know what I mean....
    :D
    The base you've used adds enormously to the overall look.
    Cheers
    H
  9. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Well thank you Harry. I can tell you where to get a nice looking base just like this one. :cool:

You probably do have some chaps laying around somewhere from your days riding the bike, don't you? ;)

What are you working on these days BTW?

Dave-
  10. harrytheheid Well-Known Member

China
    "What are you working on these days BTW?"

Umm, nothing since getting home from my latest bundle of laughs in Central Africa last Friday. Been too busy with the red cross parcels of DVD's and books I received from the UK and the States - and being an amateur furniture removal operative. Wonder why the wife's family have suddenly decided to make themselves scarce? But the ongoing diorama saga is now 99.9% done - just need to break out the 2-part epoxy and get the final figure in place.
    As for the base, thanks for the offer, but my next project calls for a much larger one - and I can't afford one like your's anyway, so I guess I'll just have to make it myself.
    :whistle:
    Cheers
    H
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Dave,
    Nicely done and great looking setting. Really brightens things up.
    Cheers
    John
  12. DaveG Active Member

United-States
    Thanks a lot John.

Dave-